Recanted Opinion, and apology

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Yeah, but when ligers are created, they don't tend to be born in groups of 800-1000, so it's pretty different in terms of how the offspring are managed.
I don't know about that man, I think managing 800 slings would be easier then caring for a single big cat, let alone a liger. I bet they eat crazy amounts of meat and need lots of space to move around.Slings on the other hand would be much easier, time consuming but easier ;)
Creating them is the problem.
Your right about that, but theoretically if you had bred hybrids and never sold any they would not be mismanaged, as long as they aren't released to the public you could regulate every last one of them, that's what I was insinuating here...
If I had the funds, I would gladly open up a lab and study the effects of hybridization, I'd even create some interesting hybrids for a scientific purpose
This is all hypothetical of course, as there is little to no chance of it ever happening. The greedy seller who passes off hybrids as a pure species is the main person responsible for all the issues regarding muddied up species. Your right as most who breed plan to sell, so technically not breeding them is the first step to solving the problem.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
I don't know about that man, I think managing 800 slings would be easier then caring for a single big cat, let alone a liger. I bet they eat crazy amounts of meat and need lots of space to move around.Slings on the other hand would be much easier, time consuming but easier ;)
For a little while, maybe. But virtually nobody is going to want to take care of 800 adult specimens of the same tarantula, which leads to selling them to people in the hobby.

Abyss

Arachnoknight
Lol funny read
Im 100% aginst hybrids for the hobby but think is really good and cool that @Nightstalker47 isint changing his opinion just because ya'll dont agree with it lol.

Everyones entitled to think/feel how they choose and its not up to anyone but them weather its "ok" or not.
Again i am 100% aginst hybrids but its not my place to push my agenda/opinion onto others. They can agree/disagree with hybrids as they see fit :)

Edit: sorry i aint been around at all. Life is kicking the crap outta me rite now!!!

Godzillaalienfan1979

Arachnoknight
this thread is kinda old, but I wanna say thanks for sticking up and being mature. I know of literally nobody where I live who acts like this and later admits that what they were thinking was wrong. Not picking a side here, but i'm against hybridization of Tarantulas and most every other species as, like everyone else said, it muddies the gene pool. So kudos to you Kat, welcome back.