Reassuance please....

Tamar

Arachnopeon
I have a gbb who was inpre moult for around 10 days and I woke up this morning to it being about a quarter into the process. 40 minutes later and the deed was done. However I am now a little concerned as 14 hours later and her legs on one side are still bent under and 'soft' should I be conerned yet that so far the only post moult movement has been to flip back over?

TIA

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
It can take 2-3 days for the outward appearance to look normal and 1-3 weeks for the fangs to completely harden enough to feed, all depending on the size of you GBB. Slings are very quick and usually done molting in minutes then eating in a few days while the older they get the longer the whole process takes.

Tamar

Arachnopeon
Whenmy b. albo moulted, she did it over night and was pretty much running round again the following afternoon. As this is my only other moulting experience I just wanted some reassurance from more experienced keepers :)

louise f

Arachnoangel
I have a gbb who was inpre moult for around 10 days and I woke up this morning to it being about a quarter into the process. 40 minutes later and the deed was done. However I am now a little concerned as 14 hours later and her legs on one side are still bent under and 'soft' should I be conerned yet that so far the only post moult movement has been to flip back over?

TIA

It really depends on how big the T is

Tamar

Arachnopeon
Well typically since i posted the little bugger has righted its self and is looking a lot more normal! Thanks guys!
P_20160713_071050.jpg

Ziad ElGuneid

Arachnosquire

TIA
It'll depend on size but if its soft i wouldn't worry since the exo hasn't hardened yet and could correct its self and even if it does the T should be fine with slight deformation till the next molt. My H incei was worrying me after his maturing molt last week, his legs seemed soft for days but hes darting around and all is well now.