reasoning for taking egg sacs after 30 days

Natemass

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Why do people take eggs from Female ts after 30 days? why do people manually incubate if you can just leave it with the female and she'll do it for you? is it better to do it this way or does it matter? idk ill be doing my first breeding attempts on a few species soon so i was wondering the difference.

thanks

Nate

TheDarkFinder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
From complete and udder experience you take the sack. Because it is so much better to deal with an H. lividum when you are removing just one eggsack and not a few hundred smaller slings.

I left a sack with a B. smithi once and worst thing you can do. I ended up with her eating the sack, around day 40, as the young was coming out and then had to remove her, go through every single gram of dirt to find then little ones, this was the early 90's by the way. They crawled into every little spot they could fit. So instead of getting about 120 slings out of it, I got 39. Remove the sack it is alot easier.

The only good that comes out of leaving the sack is you do not have to rotate it every few hours.

Natemass

Arachnolord
Old Timer
mmm idk i just kept seeing botar leaving the egg sac with the female then just removing the sac when the slings come out. but ill do some research and reading and we'll go from there but that does kind of change my mind on leaving it with the mother. i bet it would be easyer with a arboreal.

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sometimes mothers will eat even a fertile eggsac. If you were breeding a rather expensive species wouldn't you pull the eggsac rather than run the risk of losing it?

Natemass

Arachnolord
Old Timer
well untill now i didnt realize the high percentage of mothers eating there egg sacs. i have obviously heard of it but i did notice in the last 2 hours(ive been researching) how many egg sacs are eaten.

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I see no reason to wait 30 days, I usually took sacs after 20-21.... ;)
It is too much reasons to do it as told above and in general the only one - from the moment You took it all the process is belongs only to You and not to spider which can do with it anything, even what things you'll never imagine is possible...

recluse

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I see no reason to wait 30 days, I usually took sacs after 20-21.... ;)
It is too much reasons to do it as told above and in general the only one - from the moment You took it all the process is belongs only to You and not to spider which can do with it anything, even what things you'll never imagine is possible...
I generally pull my sacs at about the 20 day mark also, the sooner the better, when I pull the sacs at the 20 day mark the eggs generally already have legs.