Rear horn baboon sling

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
Looks due for a molt. However 16oz deli cup would be best for a rehouse. Fill it up with substrate most of the way because they like to burrow, keep a water bottle cap water dish full and mist a corner of the enclosure around the the water dish (basically overflow it a bit).

jes544cas

Arachnopeon
thank you and it molted today surprisedly this my first sling that why I’m scared and don’t know what to do when it said 1inch i really didn’t think it will be that small but it doing good how long should I wait for it to harden up so I can feed it again?

fatalgecko

Arachnopeon
slings harden up fast. But wait 3-5 days. A good gauge is when it hardens up the fangs will turn black

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
just to be clear, that sling CAN escape through the vents on that enclosure. I know from experience
If like me you also remove the handles from the lids then anything shy of 2 inches can escape through the holes underneath*.

*Source: Experience.

how long should I wait for it to harden up so I can feed it again?
If it's an inch then wait at least 5 days.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
If like me you also remove the handles from the lids then anything shy of 2 inches can escape through the holes underneath*.

*Source: Experience.

If it's an inch then wait at least 5 days.
Yeah, when I first got into the hobby, I couldn’t believe what these spiders can squeeze through. My GBB was an escape artist. :)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I just wanna know how much should I mist
how many times to feed it
Beginner - with an OLD WORD- yes this never happens ever :banghead:

Never mist it, use dish

Feed it whenever it's hungry

Research the animals you buy before owning them :banghead:

This is an easy OW species to raise. They are like rocks, if you can't keep this one alive, quit Ts and buy a rock.

jes544cas

Arachnopeon
Beginner - with an OLD WORD- yes this never happens ever :banghead:

Never mist it, use dish

Feed it whenever its hungry

Research the animals you buy before owning them :banghead:

This is an easy OW species to raise. They are like rocks, if you can't keep this one alive, quit Ts and buy a rock.
alrighty thank u homie.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
thank you and it molted today surprisedly this my first sling that why I’m scared and don’t know what to do when it said 1inch i really didn’t think it will be that small but it doing good how long should I wait for it to harden up so I can feed it again?
You only feed Ts when their fangs are black, otherwise they may die w/out going into detail.

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
i have no idea why people are so insistent on giving the advice of waiting to see black fangs before they feed again.

For tiny slings especially, that is only easy to do for arboreals or if you're lucky and a terrestrial climbs on the sides for a good look, which is even less likely post molt.

I feed all my spiders 10-14 days after molting to be on the safe side. Missing one or two meals max will do absolutley nothing. Just have water available at all times.

fatalgecko

Arachnopeon
That’s effective as well. Don’t think everyone is insistent. Just gives someone a visual que that is an ease of mind? Everyone has their own ways to help them gauge things. . 🤷🏻‍♂️

jes544cas

Arachnopeon
i have no idea why people are so insistent on giving the advice of waiting to see black fangs before they feed again.

For tiny slings especially, that is only easy to do for arboreals or if you're lucky and a terrestrial climbs on the sides for a good look, which is even less likely post molt.

I feed all my spiders 10-14 days after molting to be on the safe side. Missing one or two meals max will do absolutley nothing. Just have water available at all times.
Thank you