Really?........................

vancwa

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Walking to my car w/ a co-worker.

Oh, time to feed your tarantulas. Started talking about feeding. He made a comment about exercising them too. I discussed feeding to him ignoring the exercise comment.

Really wanted to say, every morning I put in my exercise Blu-Ray and while I did push-ups my tarantula's did leg-ups.

Another good one..........

Do you get-up early and color in your tattoos.

Darwin works too slowly.

My bad?

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel

Oh, time to feed your tarantulas. Started talking about feeding. He made a comment about exercising them too. I discussed feeding to him ignoring the exercise comment.

Really wanted to say, every morning I put in my exercise Blu-Ray and while I did push-ups my tarantula's did leg-ups.

Darwin works too slowly.

My bad?
My Damon diadema probably does more "push ups" than me on a daily basis ;) Sad actually... Lol

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak

Darwin works too slowly.

My bad?
They don't know any better, dude. I once had a coworker ask me if I got my tarantulas defanged... :meh:

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I don't think the majority of non-tarantula owners are going to get it. Some of them only see the YouTube handling videos or see news stories about people being bitten. But most of these same people will obsess over their car, watching sports on TV, and many more less interesting things to occupy their time.

AlbatrossWarrior

Arachnosquire
They don't know any better, dude. I once had a coworker ask me if I got my tarantulas defanged... :meh:
That is literally the first question everybody asks me, that or if their de-venomed. Even my biology teacher said "But they're de-venomed right?" So I had to explain to a biology professor how tarantulas use their venom. :shifty:

Devin B

Arachnobaron
That is literally the first question everybody asks me, that or if their de-venomed. Even my biology teacher said "But they're de-venomed right?" So I had to explain to a biology professor how tarantulas use their venom. :shifty:
I don't even know how someone could even "de-venomed" without killing the spider. Its great when uneducated people pretend they know stuff lol.

AlbatrossWarrior

Arachnosquire
I don't even know how someone could even "de-venomed" without killing the spider. Its great when uneducated people pretend they know stuff lol.
Yes, haha, like have they ever known anything about spiders aside from what movies tell them :rofl:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Yes, haha, like have they ever known anything about spiders aside from what movies tell them :rofl:
People nowadays think it is perfectly normal to mutilate animals so they can be easier handled or kept. Wing clipping, declawing a cat...so why not a tarantula? Stupid people. If an animal can't beade harmlesd, tgey're the ones who will be shouting the hardest to 'kill it with fire' or some dumbass remark like that. The world has to be about them,with everything in it...

AlbatrossWarrior

Arachnosquire
People nowadays think it is perfectly normal to mutilate animals so they can be easier handled or kept. Wing clipping, declawing a cat...so why not a tarantula? Stupid people. If an animal can't beade harmlesd, tgey're the ones who will be shouting the hardest to 'kill it with fire' or some dumbass remark like that. The world has to be about them,with everything in it...
Yeah. IMO if someone doesn't want to deal with everything about that animal, they shouldn't get it. There's a surgery that you can have on your dog that physically removes it's voice box... :( veterinarians shouldn't even be allowed to or want to do it. The problem with pets is that EVERYBODY thinks that they either have to get a cat or a dog, and while their are many different breeds of dogs that are unique in their own talents, dogs are NOT for everybody. In fact I'd say very few people actually have the capabilities of a good dog owner. (From personal experience here, my mom thought it would be smart to buy us an Australian shepard. Saw some cute puppies and thought "Hey why not? :D" Point was, we are not dog people, haha, we had to give him away (To very nice people though) People shouldn't get dogs and not train them, also, and just think a shock collar is going to teach them :rolleyes: So you see all the time that dogs are being euthanized because they are "aggressive", when it's really just lazy ownership. (Most of the time anyways)
Sorry to rant, crap :rofl:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Yeah. IMO if someone doesn't want to deal with everything about that animal, they shouldn't get it. There's a surgery that you can have on your dog that physically removes it's voice box... :( veterinarians shouldn't even be allowed to or want to do it. The problem with pets is that EVERYBODY thinks that they either have to get a cat or a dog, and while their are many different breeds of dogs that are unique in their own talents, dogs are NOT for everybody. In fact I'd say very few people actually have the capabilities of a good dog owner. (From personal experience here, my mom thought it would be smart to buy us an Australian shepard. Saw some cute puppies and thought "Hey why not? :D" Point was, we are not dog people, haha, we had to give him away (To very nice people though) People shouldn't get dogs and not train them, also, and just think a shock collar is going to teach them :rolleyes: So you see all the time that dogs are being euthanized because they are "aggressive", when it's really just lazy ownership. (Most of the time anyways)
Sorry to rant, crap :rofl:
There is a surgery to remove a dog's voicebox?? Oh my god...I didn't know about that, as far as I can tell it is not being done here in the Netherlands. That is just godforsaken awful, to put it mildly. I can understand neutering/spaying, but this?

No need to apologize for ranting, I started ;).

AlbatrossWarrior

Arachnosquire
There is a surgery to remove a dog's voicebox?? Oh my god...I didn't know about that, as far as I can tell it is not being done here in the Netherlands. That is just godforsaken awful, to put it mildly. I can understand neutering/spaying, but this?

No need to apologize for ranting, I started ;).
If people don't want a loud animal they should get a lizard :rage: They're only considered "not cute" because they aren't dogs or cats, which is sad.

:rofl: This thread has just become a bash on people

Estein

Arachnoknight
My coworkers are actually really good when it comes to discussing my Ts. They'll ask some of those questions that sound silly to a keeper and they're still shocked that I own venomous animals, but they put in efforts to see why I think they're so cool. One of my coworkers even T-sat for me while I was on vacation a few months ago!

There, now that we've had a little positivity, ranting can continue. ;)

AlbatrossWarrior

Arachnosquire
My coworkers are actually really good when it comes to discussing my Ts. They'll ask some of those questions that sound silly to a keeper and they're still shocked that I own venomous animals, but they put in efforts to see why I think they're so cool. One of my coworkers even T-sat for me while I was on vacation a few months ago!

There, now that we've had a little positivity, ranting can continue. ;)
That's awesome, I love open-minded people :D And I don't trust anyone with my pets, haha, MAYBE I would let my sister take care of my spiders, but nobody is going near my rats :mad:

louise f

Arachnoangel
I once had a coworker ask me if I got my tarantulas defanged... :meh:
I tried that question too. :banghead: They really dont have a clue when they are not into the hobby. :rolleyes:
Haha, my parents have some friends where i had soo many arguments with the guy, he strictly believes that they are not allowed none of them, and that they can kill you..:D Man that guy pisses me of.:banghead::banghead: And at the same time i just can`t stop laughing about him being so ignorant but still believes he is right :rofl: Hilarious. I dont like him at all, he is so stuck up and snobby. And think that he is right about everything.
But not when it comes to T`s. He can`t win that one. :p :D

AlbatrossWarrior

Arachnosquire
I tried that question too. :banghead: They really dont have a clue when they are not into the hobby. :rolleyes:
Haha, my parents have some friends where i had soo many arguments with the guy, he strictly believes that they are not allowed none of them, and that they can kill you..:D Man that guy pisses me of.:banghead::banghead: And at the same time i just can`t stop laughing about him being so ignorant but still believes he is right :rofl: Hilarious. I dont like him at all, he is so stuck up and snobby. And think that he is right about everything.
But not when it comes to T`s. He can`t win that one. :p :D
I don't understand how people can state "facts" about something they know absolutely nothing about. :banghead: And tell a professional that they know better than them.

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
I was just strolling around on craigslist looking for T's, and came across a person selling a rose hair including an exo terra... for an arboreal.. already prefilled with rocks. They also made a point to state that it hadn't been defanged. :banghead: