Really small MM?????

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have had plenty of MM but this guy takes the cake. Hes a mature OBT, and barely 3". Anyone else see this before?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey Ryan, yeah actually it's pretty common in P.murinus to mature at that size and sometimes smaller.

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hey Ryan, yeah actually it's pretty common in P.murinus to mature at that size and sometimes smaller.
Yes, I agree. Perfectly normal. I've certainly seen smaller ones.

Eric

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I had to ask cause every other male I had was around 4-4.5"
Ahh well maybe he can get the job done without becoming a snack. :D

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I had to ask cause every other male I had was around 4-4.5"
Ahh well maybe he can get the job done without becoming a snack. :D
Oh don't worry about your male being munched, regardless of the agressiveness of this species, the females are surprisingly gentle and accepting of males.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Oh don't worry about your male being munched, regardless of the agressiveness of this species, the females are surprisingly gentle and accepting of males.
I was refering to his size. I have mated these guys before. I figured his tiny stature might make him a nice bite sized snack.

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have currently about 100 of these little devils. IME Almost all my males have matured 3"+. When mating this species IMO the female is very tolerant of the male until an eggsac has been produced then the male is on the menu.

Brian

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
I may have to post a pic of my mature male C. bechuanicus. That guy IS the smallest I've personally owned.

Although, E. pachypus must be insanely small, then there's the pics Nunn has been teasing us with of mating Australian sp, the males are like miniatures.

-Sean

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Oh yeah, this picture was taken over a year ago. The first male of this species I'd ever had. He died last winter.
Oh alright awesome(well about the breeding thing). Did you get any slings(it's probably in the breeding section huh?)