Really bad molt

possumburg

Arachnosquire
My P chordatus molted sometime last night. Looks like he is doing fine, but he is missing 3 legs. Not sure what went wrong there, but hopefully he will make it. As I said he looks fine other than the fact that he lost 3 legs. :confused:

Hentzi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am sorry to here that, but he should be just fine, I have a Aphonopelma Guatemalan blue SP had a bad shed and is now minus 2 legs and a spinneret and does just fine does not impeed her feeding habits at all.

7mary3

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I had a P. murinus that lost 3 legs and a pedipalp for no apparent reason in a molt. 2 molts later she was good as new. Changed her name from Usi to Tank.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Joey.. Congrats on the molt.. Sorry to hear about the lost legs.. But atleast s/he is alive.. That is the good thing.. They can always regen. their parts.. :)

*Edit* If you dont mind me asking.. How do you currently have it housed? Do you keep the substrate dry, moist, or in between?

possumburg

Arachnosquire
Thanks. He still looks to be doing well, will keep an eye on him for the next day or 2 to make sure. But it looks like all will be fine!

possumburg

Arachnosquire
Joey.. Congrats on the molt.. Sorry to hear about the lost legs.. But atleast s/he is alive.. That is the good thing.. They can always regen. their parts.. :)

*Edit* If you dont mind me asking.. How do you currently have it housed? Do you keep the substrate dry, moist, or in between?
Yeah I think he's gonna do just fine, just kinda weird ya know. On a side note before Friday I never had a molt, and now the other H. gigas I got from you is on his back, that makes 4 since Friday! What a week!

possumburg

Arachnosquire
Right now I would say it is moist. I mixed peat and coco fiber and it's a little on the moist side, but not what I would call wet.