Really agressive T?

mistertim

Arachnobaron
Sorry, "aggressive" was wrong expression. I know that T are not aggressive. I mean fast, moving a lot, prefering not to hide... I do not like to stress tarantulas, for example, I have feeding holes in all of my enclosures, so I do not have to open enclosure when feeding, but only let crickets fall inside, but sometimes it is necessary to make some changes or bigger cleaning.
Most tarantulas, regardless of genus or individual temperament, will usually choose to hide if possible in my experience. Yes you will encounter individuals spiders that will just go "YOLO" and decide that anything close to them is fair game, but usually that is a feeding response and not defensive and not aggressive. It really doesn't do a T much good to be aggressive towards a huge adversary (humans) as they'll lose in the end.

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
I hear Phlogius sp "black" is pretty defensive, apparently they don't make very deep burrows and don't utilise hides often so that might be a good option if you want something that is always out and visible

Michael92

Arachnopeon
All my T's have their own traits, my C. lividum is an absolute sweetheart even after many molts. My B. hamorii on the other hand is a nut case... just depends on the T itself in my opinion. I have heard all the horror stories about P. murinus and the ones I've worked with are fine.

Mini8leggedfreak

Arachnoknight
I just got my first two slings 4 days ago (and I do mean my first two, as in, I've never own a T before), and among these two is a L Parahybana. I've been told and read that they can kick hairs and be intimidating by their size, but I haven't been told about them being fast or super anxious of anything in their enclosure. In fact, it has been suggested multiple time as a good beginner species. I'm a little scared now, although the guy is so small that it'll be a couple years before it reaches that size.
Every spider is different. I’ve been told they are great beginners, I got mine as a freebie and was freaking out until I found out they’re just hungry not angry.
I was at a Toronto show and I’m quite sure it was the lady from TIW that said hers is like a dog. Very nice.

ryan w

Arachnopeon
My a.genic wipes the floor with any of the old world species I keep, when it comes to aggression. The slightest hint of movement and it charges out of its burrow. It attacks water, tongues, it's furniture and the cat if it walks past its enclosure! Anything that moves is fair game.

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
My a.genic wipes the floor with any of the old world species I keep, when it comes to aggression. The slightest hint of movement and it charges out of its burrow. It attacks water, tongues, it's furniture and the cat if it walks past its enclosure! Anything that moves is fair game.
People say they are greedy for a reason

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
My a.genic wipes the floor with any of the old world species I keep, when it comes to aggression.
The Murderess* isn't really aggressive, our stripy legs mother does require regular sacrifices in order to appease her hunger, she is called "The Great Devourer" for a reason.

*0.1 Acanthoscurria geniculata DTTI (Death To The Infidels)

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
The Murderess* isn't really aggressive, our stripy legs mother does require regular sacrifices in order to appease her hunger, she is called "The Great Devourer" for a reason.

*0.1 Acanthoscurria geniculata DTTI (Death To The Infidels)
Can comfirm. My terrorist squad requires lots of crickety goodness to be satisfied and happy, and grow up to become reliable troopers.
:rofl:

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Can comfirm. My terrorist squad requires lots of crickety goodness to be satisfied and happy, and grow up to become reliable troopers.