Really agressive T?

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Try the Asian Snipers: Chilobrachys, Cyriopagopus, Ornithoctonus, Selenocosmia, Haplopelma, Lampropelma maybe?

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Try the Asian Snipers: Chilobrachys, Cyriopagopus, Ornithoctonus, Selenocosmia, Haplopelma, Lampropelma maybe?
Selenocosmia isn't an Asian species, but they're still nutty and awesome... as are all of the rest of the T's on your list! But they're all pet holes though.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Selenocosmia isn't an Asian species, but they're still nutty and awesome... as are all of the rest of the T's on your list! But they're all pet holes though.
Genus Selenocosmia is found both on Australian and Asian continent actually.
I own none of these genera, and not planning to :eek: closest thing I've got is an Orphnaecus sp. Blue Panay.
Of course, I have said that about Pokies as well. And baboons. :angelic:

basin79

ArachnoGod
Not sure why you'd want any tarantula to be aggressive. A tarantula being defensive means it's stressed.

Now an aggressive feeding response is entirely different.

PetrZ

Arachnopeon
Then why did you ask if you knew what you wanted? I can tell you're in it for the adrenaline. :bored:
You can be right. Does it change something? And why I asked? As you could see, I had some idea, but I wanted to know more about comparation to OBT. And, of course, someone could have something better than I. Simply - I had an idea and wanted to be sure and know whether I have not missed something. Is it wrong?

PetrZ

Arachnopeon
Not sure why you'd want any tarantula to be aggressive. A tarantula being defensive means it's stressed.

Now an aggressive feeding response is entirely different.
Sorry, "aggressive" was wrong expression. I know that T are not aggressive. I mean fast, moving a lot, prefering not to hide... I do not like to stress tarantulas, for example, I have feeding holes in all of my enclosures, so I do not have to open enclosure when feeding, but only let crickets fall inside, but sometimes it is necessary to make some changes or bigger cleaning.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Sorry, "aggressive" was wrong expression. I know that T are not aggressive. I mean fast, moving a lot, prefering not to hide... I do not like to stress tarantulas, for example, I have feeding holes in all of my enclosures, so I do not have to open enclosure when feeding, but only let crickets fall inside, but sometimes it is necessary to make some changes or bigger cleaning.
I think Grammostola iheringi could be the tarantula you're looking for. My lass is almost always out. Plus she loves her food.

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
I have a Phormictopus autatus sling. It doesn't do too much now, mainly it eats, makes a mess, and buries itself. But from what I understand they are quite defensive when they are bigger. Instead of kicking urticating setae or retreating, they can tend to defend their space with threat postures and trying to bite- like they will run out of their hide freaking out when you go in to do maintenance. So that could be a species to consider? I think @The Grym Reaper has one of these too- does that sound about right?

I am also a NW keeper and very much not in it for the adrenaline rush, so that's about the only input I have on this topic!

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I have a Phormictopus autatus sling. It doesn't do too much now, mainly it eats, makes a mess, and buries itself. But from what I understand they are quite defensive when they are bigger. Instead of kicking urticating setae or retreating, they can tend to defend their space with threat postures and trying to bite- like they will run out of their hide freaking out when you go in to do maintenance. So that could be a species to consider? I think @The Grym Reaper has one of these too- does that sound about right?

I am also a NW keeper and very much not in it for the adrenaline rush, so that's about the only input I have on this topic!
I'm not 100% on what mine is, I ordered a P. cancerides and then I found out over a month later when it moulted that it wasn't what I'd ordered, I think it's P. atrichromatus, it's almost as nasty as my B. hamorii anyway.

View media item 44417View media item 44416

Violins77

Arachnopeon
L parahybanna.
I’ve been told they aren’t aggressive but just insane about food and can mistake anything for food that is in there home....your hand.
I just got my first two slings 4 days ago (and I do mean my first two, as in, I've never own a T before), and among these two is a L Parahybana. I've been told and read that they can kick hairs and be intimidating by their size, but I haven't been told about them being fast or super anxious of anything in their enclosure. In fact, it has been suggested multiple time as a good beginner species. I'm a little scared now, although the guy is so small that it'll be a couple years before it reaches that size.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
I just got my first two slings 4 days ago (and I do mean my first two, as in, I've never own a T before), and among these two is a L Parahybana. I've been told and read that they can kick hairs and be intimidating by their size, but I haven't been told about them being fast or super anxious of anything in their enclosure. In fact, it has been suggested multiple time as a good beginner species. I'm a little scared now, although the guy is so small that it'll be a couple years before it reaches that size.
They make for fine beginner species. Lasiodora grow fast, eat well and are super easy to raise, and quite hardy too . By the time your specimen is around 3'' you will have learned a great deal about general tarantula behavior.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
No need to be scared at all. They can be grumpy sometimes, and food-aggresive, that's all. I wouldn't classify L.parahybana as a defensive species per se. Just keep fingers out of the enclosure and you'll do fine ;)