Real Question!

Shampain88

Arachnosquire
So I’ve got to know a guy from Sydney, Australia on an unrelated forum... I briefly mentioned my love for spiders, I told him I was envious of all those eight legged wonders in his huge country and of Course I mentioned the atrax robustus lol! I jokingly said “catch me some and send them to Scotland for me, I’ll pay you”... He’s since sent me messages for my email and that he’ll go and get what he can this week at some point! Is this legal? I mean I’m having second thoughts since I was 8 beers stupid at the time... Regardless of the legal ramifications this would be absolutely fantastic for my lust, should I try to get them?

Balfouriboi

Arachnopeon
I don’t know too much about legal stuff but I’m pretty sure they won’t have an anti venom anywhere else besides where they live naturally.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
All of the above. Plus, it would make the hobby look bad, and in some cases and places that would mean even worse than it is already looked upon.

Swagg

Arachnoknight
Don't put yourself in a position to pay the stupid tax. Plenty of legal spiders out there. I would run with a quickness away from this.

vancwa

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So I’ve got to know a guy from Sydney, Australia on an unrelated forum... I briefly mentioned my love for spiders, I told him I was envious of all those eight legged wonders in his huge country and of Course I mentioned the atrax robustus lol! I jokingly said “catch me some and send them to Scotland for me, I’ll pay you”... He’s since sent me messages for my email and that he’ll go and get what he can this week at some point! Is this legal? I mean I’m having second thoughts since I was 8 beers stupid at the time... Regardless of the legal ramifications this would be absolutely fantastic for my lust, should I try to get them?
All the girls look prettier at closing time. Do not do it!

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
And the prosecution can cite this web page for further proof of criminal intent!:plot:

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
@RezonantVoid you handsome devil, are you chatting up all the Scottish girls with your fancy spiders :wacky:
I wasnt planning on coming out with this but looks like ive been sprung!

in all seriousness OP, whoever the bloke is, appears to be intending to smuggle them. What has me most concerned though, is that he may have already got some out to other foreigners. As impressive as they are, these ARE NOT spiders to be sent to locations without antivenom. If i was living in a location even here that didnt have quick access to antivenom, id probably not be keeping the Atracids i do. I definitely think its best to walk away from this

basin79

ArachnoGod
Obviously not the same but there are other funnel webs. Other funnel webs that are absolutely stunning and NOT DWA although not super common.

Macrothele gigas. A massive and stunning Japanese funnel web.

Shampain88

Arachnosquire
Not legal, and even if you could get them legally you need a DWA license to keep them.
The license is easy to obtain lol Ive told him it’s a no go anyway... If I had a license where would I start looking for any Phoneutria? I’ve had two red fang wandering spiders but I’m keen to have more “exotic” specimen...

vancwa

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Obviously not the same but there are other funnel webs. Other funnel webs that are absolutely stunning and NOT DWA although not super common.

Macrothele gigas. A massive and stunning Japanese funnel web.
Those pics sent me running and screaming like a school girl.