Ready for my GBB

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
I've finished my setup for my 1" GBB. May be a little big, but I did the best I could. May add some more webbing points, though. All I need is the spider...
Notes: ventilation that's visible is replicated on opposite sides.
I'm also recieving a 1/4" A. genic, but I've followed all sling enclosure advice for this species that I've ever seen

Attachments

Last edited:

Belegnole

Tarantula Guy
Old Timer
Looks great!

Yes, you could have probably gotten away with half the space, but I like to go bigger with GBB enclosures. If you have some taller things to put in for web anchors it wouldn't be bad. From the pic it's hard to tell how tall/large everything really is. So take my comment with a grain of salt....or two.

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
Looks great!

Yes, you could have probably gotten away with half the space, but I like to go bigger with GBB enclosures. If you have some taller things to put in for web anchors it wouldn't be bad. From the pic it's hard to tell how tall/large everything really is. So take my comment with a grain of salt....or two.
All the plants are about an inch or more tall, but I'm gonna try to find some skewers to cut and stick in there. Thanks for the tip!

her it is sorry, bad connection.
Diggin the skull! Cute little bugger. Makes me even more excited!

Devin B

Arachnobaron
I love my GBB and pretty soon your enclosure will look something like this. Mine was about the same size as yours when I got it. Now it about3.5 inches

Attachments

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
I love my GBB and pretty soon your enclosure will look something like this. Mine was about the same size as yours when I got it. Now it about3.5 inches
The webbing is what im most excited for. When it gets bigger, ive got half an antler rack ive had for years that ive been wanting to do something with. I can see it in my head, looking all creepy like it took down a ten point buck and made a home out of its head. Ugh. Impatient...

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
All the plants are about an inch or more tall, but I'm gonna try to find some skewers to cut and stick in there. Thanks for the tip!

Diggin the skull! Cute little bugger. Makes me even more excited!
It's actually a hide I bought for her, the back part of the skull is hollow and has room for her to climb in, alas, she never uses it. Yeah, mine is gorgeous, pretty sure she's due for a molt as she's very chubby, refused food twice and her butt looks like it's getting darker. Here's to hopin!

Belegnole

Tarantula Guy
Old Timer
I found that wood can mold rather easy, at least in my old house. I now use plastic chopsticks which I cut to length.

This is from February. It just molted again I think, but the webbing is thicker and I can't get a good look.

Devin B

Arachnobaron
The webbing is what im most excited for. When it gets bigger, ive got half an antler rack ive had for years that ive been wanting to do something with. I can see it in my head, looking all creepy like it took down a ten point buck and made a home out of its head. Ugh. Impatient...
You cant tell from my picture but there is a racoon skull that my GBB has made its home Ill post a pic from when I first rehoused him in there. Now you wouldn't even know the skull exists lol.

Attachments

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
That's freakin awesome, I wanna do something like that when I rehouse with more natural looking decor like a skull and some sort of plant.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
When I get a GBB in the future, I'm gonna put drinking straws in the substrate sticking up and arranged like a teepee. That way it'll build an awesome web pyramid burrow.

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
Update: they both made it safe and sound! Rehousing was a breeze. Both are very energetic for just being shipped through three or more (depending on the route) states.
Did not even remember one of those was a screenshot until it was too late. Had to freak out the peeps on Snapchat and saw a really good angle!

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
Awesome, man, very pretty!

Mine has become lethargic and appetite is decreased, suspecting PreMolt. Also I see that both of ours has a patch on their rumps that look different than the rest, I wonder if yours is in PreMolt as well or if it's just kicked a bald spot from flinging hairs lol.

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
Awesome, man, very pretty!

Mine has become lethargic and appetite is decreased, suspecting PreMolt. Also I see that both of ours has a patch on their rumps that look different than the rest, I wonder if yours is in PreMolt as well or if it's just kicked a bald spot from flinging hairs lol.
I saw that, too, and asked myself the same question. If it is, i got lucky he didnt attempt it while in transit. Hes super energetic, though, so idk

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
Mine had that patch and was super energetic as well for a few days, she even ate once or twice since the patch became prominent. However she's stopped eating now. I suggest trying to feed after 24 hours in their enclosure. My GBB looked very scrawny upon arrival and he took to food immediately. All the other Ts I've recieved from them have been a healthy size though.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
You can get away with somewhat oversized enclosures for this species as they do use the space and they grow fast, I have my juvenile in a medium KK and s/he's webbed up the whole thing, think mine is due a moult soon as s/he's:

a) Getting fat now.
b) Starting to go bald where the mirror patch is even though s/he almost never kicks hairs.

DSC00001.JPG DSC00002.JPG

Devin B

Arachnobaron
That's freakin awesome, I wanna do something like that when I rehouse with more natural looking decor like a skull and some sort of plant.
If you do use real bone then you will want to sterilize it or onvious reasons. I boil the bone for a minimum of 5 minute's then put it in the freezer for 48 hours. This also get rid of the aweful smell of rotting animal seems to give.