Reactions to the bite of a stonecentipede

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I used to pick stone centipedes up all the time as a kid and pinch them and play with them and i have been bit by them several times by individuals of several different sizes, i have even been bitten in tender areas such as between my fingers. I have NEVER had any reaction to the venom in any way whatsoever, matter in fact as a kid i didnt even think they were venomous. To hear there bite compared to a bee sting is odd for me... surely my skin was much more thin as a young kid?

I remember being able to tell that they bit me it felt like a really weak pinching sensation but that was the extent of it, i always though those earwigs had more of a zing to em! Now those things pinch and do not want to let go!

-Nate

Last edited:

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
Don't argue for the sake of arguing, it's messed up this perfectly good (and very interesting) thread.
So now you are telling me what I can and can't talk about?
Do you want to do my taxes for me? Perhaps construct my meal plans for the week?
;)

I used to pick stone centipedes up all the time as a kid and pinch them and play with them and i have been bit by them several times by individuals of several different sizes, i have even been bitten in tender areas such as between my fingers. I have NEVER had any reaction to the venom in any way whatsoever, matter in fact as a kid i didnt even think they were venomous. To hear there bite compared to a bee sting is odd for me... surely my skin was much more thin as a young kid?

I remember being able to tell that they bit me it felt like a really weak pinching sensation but that was the extent of it, i always though those earwigs had more of a zing to em! Now those things pinch and do not want to let go!

-Nate
I'm also amazed at what seems to be out of sync with reality.

Last edited:

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So now you are telling me what I can and can't talk about?
Do you want to do my taxes for me? Perhaps construct my meal plans for the week?
;)

I'm also amazed at what seems to be out of sync with reality.

uh no dude... she is telling you the rules :)
What IS wrong is using these boards to carry out vendettas, feuds or other assorted squabbles. Issues of a personal nature may not be aired in the public forums.
you obviously have taken things REALLY personally and are carrying out issues of a personal nature

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Didnt understand that last post but now i understand.
-Nate

Last edited:

Nich

Curator of glass boxes
Old Timer
The thread is now a mangled strand......{D I really thought that my awesome link would unify the opposing fronts on ambiguous quote manipulation and random personall banter......= (
I think its obvious, stone pedes can envenomate you....bottom line. WOW

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
Didnt understand that last post but now i understand.
-Nate
Sorry my response wasn't clear. I meant that like you I found it really surprising to see such incredible bite information for stone centipedes since the similar ones we find in the northeastern US are so harmless in real life.

uh no dude... she is telling you the rules :)

you obviously have taken things REALLY personally and are carrying out issues of a personal nature
I was mirroring your previous response in this thread to show an example of you arguing for argument's sake. You aren't exempt from the rules. In addition to being argumentative and angry, your taxes and meal plans couldn't be more off topic.
I don't understand what calling me 'dude' is supposed to mean.
Up to this point I feel NO anger towards you, PLEASE stop reading your angry emotions into posts that aren't your own.

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
I think its obvious, stone pedes can envenomate you....bottom line. WOW
Not exactly, the original poster was asking about stone centipedes collected in Pennsylvania (not even two hours from me). Ours can't.