Re: Tityus stigmurus

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Having just one parthenogenetic scorpion such as Tityus stigmurus, can end up with multiple scorpions eventually?

I am curious how it works.

I initially bought three of them, but two are dead a few days after their arrival, and only one is thriving at the moment.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Yes, when conditions are favorable.
It will copy/paste itself into more than three...
Any tips would be appreciated. Not the tips how to get copy/paste, but over all your experiences with this specie.

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
They prefer to hang out on a piece of bark.
I use coco peat and some moss as substrate.
If you keep them well fed they can be housed communally.

Sterls

Arachnobaron
I just got this species as well. I've read in older threads to keep their substrate moist and provide some vertical cork. I'm using coco fiber.

Here's the thread I found: https://arachnoboards.com/threads/tityus-stigmurus-care.305549/#post-3125393

@gromgrom seems like a T stigmurus guru, and I just read in a newer thread he keeps them at room temp. I've also heard that from Tom Moran, but some other sources say to keep them warmer. Personally I have a warmer area of the room, so I'm seeing how she does around 80°F.

Here's hoping our specimens grow up and copy themselves!

Last edited:

LucaBrasi3

Arachnopeon
Having just one parthenogenetic scorpion such as Tityus stigmurus, can end up with multiple scorpions eventually?

I am curious how it works.

I initially bought three of them, but two are dead a few days after their arrival, and only one is thriving at the moment.
Pictures please