RE: Postage delays with avic

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyVonChimp

Arachnosquire
My Avic Avic was due to arrive yesterday, I paid for next day special delivery but unfortunately it's held up in the Royal Mail Centre near the seller :(
She's got a 40 hour heatpack which is probably running out about now. It's due to be cold up there the next few days, so I'm worried that when she finally arrives I'm gonna be dealing with a DOA.

After getting my last Avic from a petshop that was keeping her in awful conditions and her passing within a few days of coming home, to then deciding to go for the same but from a reputable breeder, I feel like I'm having awful luck with pink toes!

:sad:

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
My Avic Avic was due to arrive yesterday, I paid for next day special delivery but unfortunately it's held up in the Royal Mail Centre near the seller :(
She's got a 40 hour heatpack which is probably running out about now. It's due to be cold up there the next few days, so I'm worried that when she finally arrives I'm gonna be dealing with a DOA.

After getting my last Avic from a petshop that was keeping her in awful conditions and her passing within a few days of coming home, to then deciding to go for the same but from a reputable breeder, I feel like I'm having awful luck with pink toes!

:sad:
Royal Mail S.D.is pretty good. I'v had two S.D. on different occasions in the last 3 weeks, both turned up on time, or just after. the heatpacks are good, mine are still warm on arrival. Keep smiling, it will be okay.

Lazaru

Arachnopeon
I had a package shipped royal mail special delivery Monday to arrive Tuesday it didn't come but turned up today and everyone was still healthy and the heat pack still had some warmth to it

Hopefully yours does the same and arrives tomorrow a.m

Ian14

Arachnobaron
I made a thread about this in the Europe section. Royal Mail have a HUGE backlog of parcels, rooms full, as they have been hit very hard by covid with a lot of their staff off ill or isolating at any one time.
I personally would not order if delivery is via Royal Mail until things settle back down again.

LadyVonChimp

Arachnosquire
Royal Mail S.D.is pretty good. I'v had two S.D. on different occasions in the last 3 weeks, both turned up on time, or just after. the heatpacks are good, mine are still warm on arrival. Keep smiling, it will be okay.
Thanks

Hope your Avic arrives safely. How far away is she?
Thank you. She's in Sheffield and I'm in Cornwall :(
I had a package shipped royal mail special delivery Monday to arrive Tuesday it didn't come but turned up today and everyone was still healthy and the heat pack still had some warmth to it

Hopefully yours does the same and arrives tomorrow a.m
Fingers crossed!

I made a thread about this in the Europe section. Royal Mail have a HUGE backlog of parcels, rooms full, as they have been hit very hard by covid with a lot of their staff off ill or isolating at any one time.
I personally would not order if delivery is via Royal Mail until things settle back down again.
Yeah, I didn't see that post unfortunately. Hindsight is a powerful tool

LadyVonChimp

Arachnosquire
Just thought I'd share the news that she turned up today. Really cold bless her as the heat pack had run out, but that's no fault of the seller as it was delayed through royal mail.

She's settling in, warming up and I just caught her having a drink :)

20210121_191841.jpg

I'll be holding off ordering any more for a little while though, don't want to risk that again!

Thanks to all who commented with well wishes and advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.