Re-housing My L Parahybana (Advice please)

DeathCubeK

Arachnopeon
Hello

I have decided to move my 6-7" LP to a larger tank, at the minute she is in a 24"x12"x15". I have been told it's big enough for her but she really does enjoy roaming and uses all of the space.

I was reading some of Robc's threads (Great guy, beginners in the hobby need more people like him and his wife ) and I'm interested in upgrading to a Exo Terra Glass Terrarium measuring 90X45X45Cm LINK. Maybe doing a set up along the lines of Robc's Zilla tank.

I had a few questions regarding the tank, has anybody used one of these this size?

I like the rock background but it's too light for my tastes and was going to cover it in silicone and substrate it like Robc does. Would there be any problems doing this with the background supplied with the exo terra?

Does anybody have alternate UK links to sites with tanks at least 3ft across more suitable than this one. It must be in UK

One last thing, any links to UK stores supplying decoration like moss and plants would be very helpful.

That's allot to ask I know, sorry :8o

Some pics of Ellie

She is very aggressive, but we love her :p

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Do you guys have the "Zilla" 40Gallon breeder Tanks?

That would be cheaper and more suitable for her. I dont remmember in centimeters, but is gotta be 1m by 60cm. Really nice ;)

DeathCubeK

Arachnopeon
Do you guys have the "Zilla" 40Gallon breeder Tanks?

That would be cheaper and more suitable for her. I dont remmember in centimeters, but is gotta be 1m by 60cm. Really nice ;)
Thanks for the reply. I have looked and can't seem to find them over here. There are tanks a similar size but without a lid, which bought separately would probably be nearly the same price as the tank.

DeathCubeK

Arachnopeon
Hi Tazman. I looked up the wickes sealant, what do you use it for? Have you ever used it for backdrops?

Tazman

Arachnopeon
Yep ......i covered the whole styrofoam background in it then covered it with dry ecoearth ...same as robc did in his vid....it works a treat......here it is.....

hope it helps .......not a very good pic but i have some more to do so i'll get some more pics.......

Tazman

Arachnopeon
Nice! So I presume there is no lasting smell?

Is it this stuff? >>> LINK
YEP.......thats the stuff..........once i had smeared it all over and covered in ecoearth i left to dry for for 24 hours job done but obviously dont do it in the same room as your T's.......

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
YEP.......thats the stuff..........once i had smeared it all over and covered in ecoearth i left to dry for for 24 hours job done but obviously dont do it in the same room as your T's.......
And let it dry out.

Ingar

Arachnopeon
You can order a manually made enclosure. Do you haven't a places where some entusiasts making their own aquariums/terrariums in relation with customer orders? Which is additional work for them..

DeathCubeK

Arachnopeon
I'm in Cheshunt about 30 mins from London.....

Had a quick look around and found this if it's any help.......http://www.gillsandgeckos.com/ it's in cornwall
Never heard of gillsandgeckos, their enclosure section is under construction. I'll give them a ring and see what they have.

You can order a manually made enclosure. Do you haven't a places where some entusiasts making their own aquariums/terrariums in relation with customer orders? Which is additional work for them..
There really isn't many places down here that custom build and the few places that do are very expensive. I'd love to have a go at making one myself but I have no tools.