re-housing my Avic

Pyroxian

Arachnophobophiliac
Does it say anything, anywhere at all, about being mold resistant? If it does it contains fungicides and is not "safe".

Personally I would err on the side of caution and only use aquarium-safe silicone.

tewebag

Arachnoknight
Hot glue has always been my go to for adding branches or leaves to my cork bark, it cures a lot quicker over the 24 hours of the silicone. Add in a little substrate when the glue is still wet and it blends in the the bark pretty well.

That or make sure to use aquarium safe silicone.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Personally, I wouldn't use that tank at all. For one, I think it's way too big for your Avic (at least now that she's still a juvenile). Secondly, although it certainly is better ventilated than your old one it still lacks cross ventilation. You want to have ventilation on at least two opposite sides.

And may I just say... please, don't rush into things!
Your Avic just moulted, so, you won't be able to rehouse her anyway right now. She needs to harden up first.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for getting her out of your current enclosure, but I'd use something much more simple for now. When she's adult you can think about a real nice display enclosure (e.g. an Exo Terra tall nano or small), but for now, I'd put her in a tall plastic tub or something similar with loads of ventilation all around.

I recommend reading these:

https://arachnoboards.com/threads/avicularia-care.291340/
https://arachnoboards.com/threads/avicularia-husbandry.282549/#post-2461396

And watch this video by @Tomoran. It's featuring C. versicolor but all the enclosures he shows apply to Avics as well:

TwiztedNinja

Arachnobaron
I think its too big as well

I have my 2.5" Avic avic in an Exo Terra nano with a couple of cork halves and leaves up top

Angelo303

Arachnosquire
Personally, I wouldn't use that tank at all. For one, I think it's way too big for your Avic (at least now that she's still a juvenile). Secondly, although it certainly is better ventilated than your old one it still lacks cross ventilation. You want to have ventilation on at least two opposite sides.

And may I just say... please, don't rush into things!
Your Avic just moulted, so, you won't be able to rehouse her anyway right now. She needs to harden up first.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for getting her out of your current enclosure, but I'd use something much more simple for now. When she's adult you can think about a real nice display enclosure (e.g. an Exo Terra tall nano or small), but for now, I'd put her in a tall plastic tub or something similar with loads of ventilation all around.

I recommend reading these:

https://arachnoboards.com/threads/avicularia-care.291340/
https://arachnoboards.com/threads/avicularia-husbandry.282549/#post-2461396

And watch this video by @Tomoran. It's featuring C. versicolor but all the enclosures he shows apply to Avics as well:
did you see the new enclosure i will purchase for my avic? from 1 to 10 how good does it look?

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Sorry, I haven't seen it, I was sleeping. ;)

Well, vertically used the dimensions would be fine, but I fear it wouldn't stand very securely. And you would need to modify it with a few more holes around the top and closing the ones on the bottom.

There's another one in the pictures on Amazon, a square tall one... that'd be rather perfect with a few more vent holes. It even has built-in water dishes at the top. :)

Angelo303

Arachnosquire
Sorry, I haven't seen it, I was sleeping. ;)

Well, vertically used the dimensions would be fine, but I fear it wouldn't stand very securely. And you would need to modify it with a few more holes around the top and closing the ones on the bottom.

There's another one in the pictures on Amazon, a square tall one... that'd be rather perfect with a few more vent holes. It even has built-in water dishes at the top. :)
modifying it from falling is easy but i say its good because the tall one has the lid on top and thats where my avic will web and the one i bought has the lid in front easy access dont you think? do i just add more holes on the side and top?

Thekla

Arachnoprince
It might web up the front as well, you'll never know it advance what your T will do. ;)

Also, loads of keepers keep their Avics in top-opening enclosures. The trick is to not build the decor up to the very top but stop an inch or two below.

In the end it's a matter of taste. Personally, I actually prefer the front-opening enclosures. With the one you showed us I was just worrying about how secure it might be. :)

Feral

Arachnobaron
FYI, in regards to "aquarium-safe silicone" and "food grade silicone", as long as it's labeled as "100% silicone" you're good. You're trying to avoid mold-inhibiting additives and other nonsense and impurities, and 100% silicone is as pure as it gets. With aquatics we don't even buy the price-jacked pet store silicone marketed for aquariums, we go to the hardware store to buy 100% silicone and save money. But where ever you buy it, you not only need to follow the instructions and let it cure for the recommended time, you also need to leave a couple additional days for it to de-stink/off-gas even if it doesn't say so on the label. Those fumes are pretty strong and can irritate any creature's respiratory tract until they've dissipated.

Also, with aquatics we often use cyanoacrylate superglue. It's said to be safe for fish and aquatic inverts once it's dry, but I also give it a few extra minutes to stop stinking. If it's safe for aqautic shrimp, I'm quite sure Ts are fine. Just make sure it's the cyanoacrylate kind of superglue.

And hot glue has already been mentioned, that's a great one.