Re-done Iguana home

Psycho

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, one thing I've learned is that it is NOT a good idea to use tile for an iguana enclosure. Their waste seaps into the cracks and you can't get rid of the smell. All of the tile had to be ripped up and we put in linoleum, and clear caulked around the edges. Hopefully it will smell more clean!!

~~~Psycho~~~

Attachments

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I really like your enclosures -- How are they doing together? or did you seperate them? (I'm not seeing the second one in the pic)

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ummm........why not just leave the stock glass bottom and use a substrate? I used to use aspen shavings in my 4' iguana's enclosure.
Ed

Psycho

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well to begin with.....

Valeal: the Iguanas are still together and they are like best friends..no problems with them yet but I know I might see probs in the future but im prepared for it =D

Atavuss: i didnt want to use the pure glass floor because i wanted something that looks attractive and we did alotta studying and this was the best way to go and it looks kinda real natural right now

also when we redid the enclosure we set it up diffrently and now its more easier to get into it and alot easier to change the water..
but all in all I think its ALOT better than what it was... And I corrected my wife its Vinal instead of lanoleum :?

~~~Psycho~~~

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Psycho
Atavuss: i didnt want to use the pure glass floor because i wanted something that looks attractive and we did alotta studying and this was the best way to go and it looks kinda real natural right now
Yes, iguanas are often found in vinyl forests near ladders and cat litter pans. ;P

Bry

Psycho

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Bry
Yes, iguanas are often found in vinyl forests near ladders and cat litter pans. ;P

Bry

you're right... sorry... here's good ol' Zilla in his natural home...

Attachments