Re: Bite and Sting reports

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
With all these reports, the standard used by the medical profession should be used:
Degree of severity
  1. Trivial: Inconsequential. Having no consequences. Causing no medical condition.
  2. Minor: Usually denoted by bleeding. Some degree of first aid, a bandage, scrubbing with antiseptic could/should/would have been used. You may have consulted a medical professional such as poison control for advice.
  3. Moderate: A vital sign, pulse rate, respirations or blood pressure was affected. First aid was required and a follow up by a medical professional, an ER visit, would have been indicated - whether this was done or not. Typically includes a bite that penetrated the skin by an unknown species of snake or spider. Human bites that break the skin go here. Hospitalization may be indicated/advised.
  4. Major: More than one vital sign was involved and commonly other symptoms were present and marked. Medical follow up was strongly advised. Hospitalization is usually in order.
  5. Extreme: Life threatening.
Exception: persons having known allergies always raise the degree of severity one and possibly more level. Symptoms of anaphylaxis always start at level 3.

(Could also be included: Effects upon vital signs. Any of the following that continues for more than 5 minutes. Pulse rate or respirations increase or decrease significantly. Typically > +/- 15%. Blood pressure increases usually denoted by pounding in ears and/or throbbing felt in the head, or decreases, usually denoted by feeling light headed and dizzy.)

Last edited:

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Hmmm, I like this one for the initial "star rating" when it comes to bite and sting reports. I think I'll update the tutorial :)