Raw meat as food?

Scorpusvonpork

Arachnosquire
Is it possible to feed scorpions little pieces of raw meat like uncooked steak for example?

Stugy

Arachnolord
Well I guess you can since some people feed mice to their scorpions. :/ Not recommended as it can be pretty unsanitary and attracts all kinds of bad stuff. I personally wouldn't do it.

Scorpusvonpork

Arachnosquire
That's true. If I did try it it would be pieces the size of half pea. Then I'd remove the uneaten stuff right away.

Jason Brantley

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hmmmm. I suppose so. Feed it in a separate container with a paper towel at the bottom to absorb meat juice...so you don't get meat juice and probably bacteria all over. Then maybe mist the scorpion to get rid of meat juice. Just use steak don't use hamburger. Maybe tenderize meat with meat tenderizer hammer. Seems like a lot of work, but if you do it just for curiosity like you said, then go for it. Don't forget mashed potatoes and gravy, with salad, and maybe a coke.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Try veggies. Carrot stick carved into a shape of a cricket maybe.

Scorpusvonpork

Arachnosquire
Heh, I'm an inveterate keeper of piranha. I always had some beef heart on hand for them for the sake of convenience. It's Canada so when we're stuck at home in dangerous snow conditions and the fish are bull rushing the glass all evening we'd just thaw out a little beef heart and presto it's dinner. That's why I was wondering if anyone had the habit of feeding scorpions this way. I never attempted it with my desert hairy or the emps.