Rather long..(sorry) I'm getting my ultimate T!!!!

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hi all,
Well, I drove up to town today. It was primarily to get crickets for the brood, and to visit a friend that works there. As always, I venture to the reptile area. I had my sunglasses on (eyeball-frying New Mexico sun! *lol) and was checking out the t's. I saw only rosies. I kept looking, because I noticed that one of several was obviously a male. (teardrop shaped abdomen, all legs).
I started to look away, when my mind registered something. I coulda sworn I saw B something Velvet Tarantula. "Hmmm. VELVET tarantula??" Upon looking closer (over my sunglasses), you'll never guess what it was. It was a Brazillian Black! (G. pulchra). I swear, I felt my heart jump into my throat. I couldn't see it well enough, so I asked the owner (another friend), if he could move the driftwood. Not only was it a Brazillian Black, but most definitely a female. About 3 inches.
They have a price of 34.95, but he said he'd work with me on it. (I'm going to try and locate a Grateful Dead boxed set for him). As I looked through the glass, the little girl turned towards me and walked slowly towards the glass. After getting there, she kept touching the glass everywhere.
Ok, ok. I'm trying to make a Lassie moment. But, she really did do that. He's not too keen on letting people hold the t's, but said I could. The angle is awkward, so I basically had to gently scoop her up. Very, very sweet. WOO-HOO!!
Ok, other thing. My friend (not the owner), told me that he and his fiance are splitting up, and then started crying. Now, witnessing someone crying is hard enough, but for some reason, seeing a man cry HARD is much worse. I know he has several, so after he said he was going to have to move, I told him I'd help him with his pets. So, he asked me if he could keep his Rainbow Boa at my house. Of course, I said yes. He said he'd pay me back for rats and all, but I refused. Other pets may be forthcoming.
Thanks for hearing me through....
Gillian
:)

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice find Gillian. I don't know what they go for as adults, but I think you got a deal there.

Botar

Devildoll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I really wish i had that kind of luck! that's a hell of a deal on a beauty!

and to care for a rainbow boa is gonna be fun! do you know if it's a Brazilian? that's what i keep and hands down the most beautiful snake on earth!

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Gillian, how wonderful! Congratulations :)

Joy

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hi all,
Thanks everyone..:)
Despite being ill with the flu, I went ahead and I drove to town for her. When they went to catch her, which was descend from above with a deli cup, then lift up the side of the glass to be capped, she decided to jump for it. Up she went, over the edge of the aquarium. Spazing, my reflexes kicked in, and I caught her. (thank god for soccer)
Anyways, she's home. Quite the curious little tarantula. Will walk quite boldly up to you, and stand there. Not being aggressive, either.
The boa is indeed a Brazilian Rainbow. Hmm...how on earth am I going to fit a 40G aquarium in a Maxima? Bungie cords?! NOT! *lol* He's doing better today (my friend). Hmm..could it be the rather large and tall bright orange tophat I had on today? (lol) Let's see; I'm 5"9, and the hat is about 12 inches tall. (Yes, I had to duck through the door..*lmao*!
Thanks everyone...time for Nyquil...
Oh..Joy? I'll be sending off the mac tomorrow..

Gillian