Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Could do better

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Avicted

Arachnopeon
Hi.
Just got my first ever tarantulas this week. Teeny C Versi babies. Much smaller than I was expecting them to be. Anyway, is the attached pic an ok set up for them? Little one on the left is the smallest and hasn’t eaten yet. Big brother on the right has eaten a fruit fly and is now hiding in that bamboo I put in there.
Seem alright to you? Tips appreciated! Thanks. H

Attachments

Hoxter

Arachnoderp
Substrate is a bit too moist for my liking, I'd let it dry a bit and while watering I'd just give some water on walls/bamboo you included.
Make sure holes are smaller than carapece of your babies. If carapece can fir through them, the whole tarantula can and you might end up losing them.

Anyways, I hope your babies grow up big and healthy :)

edit: I recommend you read these if you haven't done it yet:
https://tomsbigspiders.com/2016/08/26/tarantula-sling-husbandry/
https://arachnoboards.com/threads/avicularia-care.291340/
https://arachnoboards.com/threads/avicularia-husbandry.282549/#post-2461396
There's also video on Tom Moran's youtube channel about Caribena versicolor husbandry, you could check that out as well. Very helpful stuff

Avicted

Arachnopeon
Thanks so much! I got them a Lucky reptile critter house each but guessing they’re too big for them as yet.
I’ll read that link :bookworm:

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sure looks like your sling on the left can escape through the hole, are SURE the carapace is wider than that hole???

Avicted

Arachnopeon
Possibly not... I may rehouse them tomorrow but I don’t want to stress them out more, especially as the little one hasn’t yet eaten.

Kitara

Arachnodemon
Maybe tape a piece of paper over it and poke some holes in it with a needle? Just a suggestion. Tomorrow may be too late if that baby finds that hole. There are been a number of posts I've read where they've lost their sling because they escaped out of a too big hole. I honestly wouldn't chance it. I still stress about mine and I know she can't get out (we have watched her try!).

20190924_201014.jpg

Avicted

Arachnopeon
Little one died today. Seems he got stuck in a molt. Like, REALLY stuck. Hopefully I can learn something from this, I hope so cause I was already quite attached to the little guy.
Crap.

Fweezie

Arachnopeon
Little one died today. Seems he got stuck in a molt. Like, REALLY stuck. Hopefully I can learn something from this, I hope so cause I was already quite attached to the little guy.
Crap.
I am so sorry for your loss!

Avicted

Arachnopeon
Small update... this time last month I had one T... I now have 6... including a Seladonia Bit addictive this hobby isn’t it

Collection so far:
1 c Versicolor- doing well
2 A Kwitaras- hungry little beasties!
1 T Seladonia- eats well, really tiny but soooo cute.
2 D diamentinesis- don’t see much of them. Spend all day sulking in the cork bark

Last edited by a moderator:

WheelbarrowTim

Arachnopeon
Enclosure and T stats
T: G Pulchra (F)
Size: 4 inches

Enclosure: 8 gallon Tank, 5-6 inches of coconut substrate, 1 water dish, 2 hides, artificial vines