Rate/critique setup ? First T’s !

Evava

Arachnopeon
Just got my first T’s ever ! These guys are awesome, I set up their enclosures and would love feedback as to what I can fix if needed or if it’s okay to leave alone ! Thanks :)

Left enclosure with more substrate is a: 1 1/8” - 1 1/4” A. Geniculata

Right enclosure with less substrate is a: 1 1/2” - 2” leaning more to 2” B. Hamorii

fyi: these enclosures are 4x4x6

DBBD161A-DA00-4F04-B91A-809B7967E04E.jpeg 297DA15C-9CB5-4225-833F-85DAEC947F0B.jpeg 25341FE2-91D5-4772-831A-4E5E80692B6D.jpeg

me and my Ts

Arachnoknight
These are both terrestrial tarantulas so I would give them enclosures that have more horizontal space and less vertical. Also your hamorii look kind of cramped however that could just be the angle of the photo

Evava

Arachnopeon
Thank you ! Here is a photo from the top for a better view, I am building new enclosures soon that are more horizontal so maybe I can switch him into there when he gets a bit bigger ? Or is this current enclosure too small and I should switch him when I am finished making it ? It’ll be a 5x5x7

Attachments

me and my Ts

Arachnoknight
Thank you ! Here is a photo from the top for a better view, I am building new enclosures soon that are more horizontal so maybe I can switch him into there when he gets a bit bigger ? Or is this current enclosure too small and I should switch him when I am finished making it ? It’ll be a 5x5x7
In my opinion bigger is better. You can wait to rehouse them if you want/need but if I were you I would rehouse them once you are able to

Evava

Arachnopeon
i agree totally, they should be finished in a week or so and I’ll move him then, I appreciate the advice :)

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
It's definitely cozy. Lol
Maybe a little cluttered but i keep younger spiders similarly in order to save on space. They look nice. Just pull a Jefferson's when cozy becomes cramped.

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
I do agree the Brachy could probably go into something larger, but you definitely have the right idea. Certainly one of the best ones I’ve seen on here for people getting their first spiders. Good job!

Evava

Arachnopeon
I do agree the Brachy could probably go into something larger, but you definitely have the right idea. Certainly one of the best ones I’ve seen on here for people getting their first spiders. Good job!
Thanks so much ! I’ll keep the small sling in there and get him into a larger enclosure soon :)