Rarer Species

Ecstasy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Anybody know off hand a place to get some of the rarer scorps? I'm a bit picky about what scorps I want so I'm looking for certain species unless you guys have a good reference of something that I may find interesting. The species I'm mainly looking for are:

Lychas Scutilus
Tityus Obscururs/Paraensis
Centruroides Margaritatus

I wouldn't mind having another P. Transvaalicus or two depending on when mine molts if I can sex it or not.

Anybody else have any recommendations for species? If you do, please only post if you know where to get them from. Thanks.

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
As far as I am aware, the only way to get those species of Lychas and Tityus would be illegal, and that would be bad, mmmmkay?

As for the C. margaritas, there are quite a few of them still around I believe. I sold a few on here last year. If you want anything that you can't find easily, after scrolling through pages of the classifieds here, then you should post a want to buy ad in the same classifieds. Be as descriptive as possible. Do you require a certain size/instar? M or F or Both? Etc.

As for other possible selections, that's hard to say given that I don't know you or what interests you. Perhaps you could elaborate on what you are interested in. I would bet you would get more responses.

Good luck!

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The easiest way to get rare scorpions is to get and breed rare scorpions. I know that sounds contrdictory but honestly once you can get one rare species and breed it you can trade for others.

Ecstasy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As far as I am aware, the only way to get those species of Lychas and Tityus would be illegal, and that would be bad, mmmmkay?

As for the C. margaritas, there are quite a few of them still around I believe. I sold a few on here last year. If you want anything that you can't find easily, after scrolling through pages of the classifieds here, then you should post a want to buy ad in the same classifieds. Be as descriptive as possible. Do you require a certain size/instar? M or F or Both? Etc.

As for other possible selections, that's hard to say given that I don't know you or what interests you. Perhaps you could elaborate on what you are interested in. I would bet you would get more responses.

Good luck!
Yea but then you can't get any responses to keep the topic fresh, so posting here seemed much more profitable.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

The easiest way to get rare scorpions is to get and breed rare scorpions. I know that sounds contrdictory but honestly once you can get one rare species and breed it you can trade for others.
Yea, I'm trying to get them, but it's not easy. I'm just going to keep a few of the species that I find interesting until I'm able to locate the ones that I really want.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Tityus obscurus (T.paraensis is a junior synonym, meaning that the former name should be used) is not as rare anymore as a couply of years ago, but even in the EU it is not yet established... I hope to contribute to that by spreading it to some serious breeders in the EU.

(I don't ship to the states).....

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yea but then you can't get any responses to keep the topic fresh, so posting here seemed much more profitable.

I don't know exactly what you mean by this. If you are referring the the wtb ad, you can bump your own posting once every 24 hours. If this is not what you mean, then post what you do mean, and I will try and help. :?

Ecstasy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't know exactly what you mean by this. If you are referring the the wtb ad, you can bump your own posting once every 24 hours. If this is not what you mean, then post what you do mean, and I will try and help. :?
I've never got any response or anything from posting in the WTB section so I posted here and I've already gotten several messages.

Also I posted about being interested in another species, but unsure of what so I'm open to suggestions.

Chrome69

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've never got any response or anything from posting in the WTB section so I posted here and I've already gotten several messages.

Also I posted about being interested in another species, but unsure of what so I'm open to suggestions.
I agree, I think that the moderators should open up a seperate wtb/wts scorpion classifieds. Would make things a ton easier to find what's wanted and find who wants what instead of picking through a bunch of reptile and T ads.

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer

Ah ha. I see. Well, you are asking for rare species with a vague request for more suggestions. I wouldn't put request for suggestions in classifieds, that is good here. But you need to be patient with the wtb ad, specifically because you are asking for less common species. Just keep bumping it. It takes a couple of seconds. I do hope you find what you are looking for, and good luck!

I agree, I think that the moderators should open up a seperate wtb/wts scorpion classifieds. Would make things a ton easier to find what's wanted and find who wants what instead of picking through a bunch of reptile and T ads.
That is an idea I've had before too Chrome, but there are many issues with doing that.

1. Then all the critters would want their own classifieds. Do we really need a millipede classifieds?

2. Many of the sales ads and wtbs are for different animals. We would have to have a multi-animal section as well if we are going to have one animal only sections.

3. A lot of extra work for mods and website. They have enough already. Plus, it doesn't take that long to scroll through classifieds. I can generally view all the ads containing scorpions very quickly.

I'm not against your idea, but I think it is more complicated than it seems at first glance. Btw, I didn't look at your start date here, but as you spend more and more time here, you quickly learn which dealers never have scorpions. You speed up the time needed to find what you are looking for.

:)

Ecstasy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ah ha. I see. Well, you are asking for rare species with a vague request for more suggestions. I wouldn't put request for suggestions in classifieds, that is good here. But you need to be patient with the wtb ad, specifically because you are asking for less common species. Just keep bumping it. It takes a couple of seconds. I do hope you find what you are looking for, and good luck!

That is an idea I've had before too Chrome, but there are many issues with doing that.

1. Then all the critters would want their own classifieds. Do we really need a millipede classifieds?

2. Many of the sales ads and wtbs are for different animals. We would have to have a multi-animal section as well if we are going to have one animal only sections.

3. A lot of extra work for mods and website. They have enough already. Plus, it doesn't take that long to scroll through classifieds. I can generally view all the ads containing scorpions very quickly.

I'm not against your idea, but I think it is more complicated than it seems at first glance. Btw, I didn't look at your start date here, but as you spend more and more time here, you quickly learn which dealers never have scorpions. You speed up the time needed to find what you are looking for.

:)
Separate sections would benefit everybody, that is how I setup my site, because you don't have so much stuff clogged under one section.

Chrome69

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ah but nomad, the scorpion community is much larger than any millipede collectors, I think it would be good to have 1 T, 1 Scorp, and 1 everything else type thing. The current one is dominated by T selling atm so even if a scorpion classified was the only one seperated out it would most likely be muchly appreciated by a good portion of the ab subscribers.

scorpguy

Arachnopeon
I agree. One classified section for Ts, one for scorps and one for everything else would be awesome! Is there any way that we can make this happen?