Rare snake dies at local petshop

mcy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sometimes when the GF and i are bored we go visit some animals at this small franchised petstore called "pet o rama" Well they had this long slender green snake with a fat head and HUGE eyes that has a diet of frogs and lizards ( this is what they told me) From what i remember it had maybe 2 black stripes one on each side... memory is kind of fuzzy about the details but the head was so uniqe compared to other snakes because of the shape and how the eyes were set.. i eyed the snake to be about 16-20 inches

i dont recall the name of the snake but its probably the rarest animal i've ever seen since they said only 5 have been imported to the united states and wont be another import for awhile. Anyways they managed to kill it before anyone bought it.. not sure if they were blowing smoke up my behind or if it was really that rare. i'll ask them the scentific name but havent seen the turds that take care of the reptiles up there recently

Last edited:

SPJ

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sounds like a vine snake.
Not rare at all.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Sometimes when the GF and i are bored we go visit some animals at this small franchised petstore called "pet o rama" Well they had this long slender green snake with a fat head and HUGE eyes that has a diet of frogs and lizards ( this is what they told me) From what i remember it had maybe 2 black stripes one on each side... memory is kind of fuzzy about the details but the head was so uniqe compared to other snakes because of the shape and how the eyes were set.. i eyed the snake to be about 16-20 inches

i dont recall the name of the snake but its probably the rarest animal i've ever seen since they said only 5 have been imported to the united states and wont be another import for awhile. Anyways they managed to kill it before anyone bought it.. not sure if they were blowing smoke up my behind or if it was really that rare. i'll ask them the scentific name but havent seen the turds that take care of the reptiles up there recently
Probably what they meant was its very rare that they hadent killed it yet... and they have only sold 5 of the 10,000 they imported last week because they killed the others lol

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
An exotic petstore by me had a sloth,toucan,coati, and african porcupine in their shop for sale, but sadly the store burnt to the ground I think last year killing almost all the animals inside, except for a few dogs and a turtle I think.

They said it was started by a spark from a wire, but they also think it could have been done intentionally. Not only were the animals being sold killed, but almost all of the publics pet dogs who were boarded in the kennels also perished in the fire.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
An exotic petstore by me had a sloth,toucan,coati, and african porcupine in their shop for sale, but sadly the store burnt to the ground I think last year killing almost all the animals inside, except for a few dogs and a turtle I think.

They said it was started by a spark from a wire, but they also think it could have been done intentionally. Not only were the animals being sold killed, but almost all of the publics pet dogs who were boarded in the kennels also perished in the fire.

That store was such a dump(and still is) that the animals were prob jumping in the fire themselves.:eek:

mcy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
looks sort of like the vine snake you guys are talking about but i've yet to see anything that is identical googling a vine snake

rollinkansas

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It could have been some old world ratsnake, or like said before a vine snake.

Lets be realistic though, a small franchised pet store most likely cant get their hands on a snake where only 5 are imported each year. There are collectors and big reptile breeders that will get a chance first, and if as rare as you say would most likely buy them first.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer

wow.i used to live on long Island years ago(was born there) i knew that petshop BTJs jungle,my buddy called me up about the news,very very sad :( i was always at that place when i lived up there,yeah exotic man they had it all,but the place did smell{D

AnthrpicDecadnc

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

haha!! that's one resilient chelonian!