Range of Amblypigi in Asia?

MaartenSFS

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm planning to move back to China this year and was wondering if any of you could tell me if there are Amblypigi species found in China. If there are, I would assume that they be in the far south of Yunnan or south-west Guangxi (my province).

Also, I can't seem to find any information on scorpions. I know that they exist in the arid north-west, but you would think that there would be species in the humid South as well. As far as mygalomorhps are concerned, I have found information of them from all over, but I have only found one species of Macrothele. Uropygi were all over, though, as were Scolopendrids. Any information would be greatly appreciated and awarded with photos. :D

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
their are no amblypygi recorded from China, but from a lot of countries around, like laos, vietnam, myanmar, india.
for glossary scorpion search see that site by Eric Ythier
http://eycb.pagesperso-orange.fr/scorpions/index.htm
it is still not up to date, but most of them are ok, and you have the biggest scorpion libary i know. for special locations i had also search my litertare...

MaartenSFS

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I wonder if it's the cold, as entering China from Laos and Vietnam the climate changes from hot tropical to subtropical, and the elevations are higher as well. Extreme southern Yunnan and Hainan are hot tropical as well, but Yunnan is isolated in deep valleys and Hainan is an island. That's too bad, but these regions have their own endemic species found nowhere else. Laos has been on my list for some time. Thank you for that scorpion list. I'll have to cross reference that with Chinese literature on the subject and see if I can track down at the very least what provinces they inhabit. ;)

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Veel plezier in China in ieder geval...Ik heb alleen wat documenten over Mesobuthussoorten in China, en die kan ik je mailen, als je het interessant vindt.

groetjes, Michiel

MaartenSFS

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ja, bedankt. De vorige keer was het echt fantastisch daar, dus ik ga gewoon verder met mijn leven in de rimboe. {D Helaas zijn de Mesobuthussoorten in China helemal in het noorden, waar ik nooit hoop te komen. Ik heb wat informatie gevonden uit Hainan, dus ik kijk eerst die richting op. Verder heb ik al zat te doen daar. :cool:

smashtoad

Arachnopeon
I'm planning to move back to China this year and was wondering if any of you could tell me if there are Amblypigi species found in China.
Sounds like a mission for you to me. You can almost guarantee there are some there somewhere...amblys don't recognize human borders...go find them! Maybe it will be a new sp.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Maarten- any Uropygid photos in your collection from China? There was a small import awhile back and I would like to compare pix.