Random pet sore run net me 2 Emperor Scorpions

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
We were running around western Tennessee Petco's and PetSmart's looking for a Pied Ball Python amongst Arachnids. I ended up seeing a Emperor Scorpion for 79.00 "scratching head" WTH! 79.00? I passed.

As we went to some others I found an enclosure that had 1 Emperor Scorpion in the back for 19.99. I grabbed the person in the area to let them know get a box ready. They pulled out the enclosure and said that there should be 2 of them in here. I told them "I'll grab both and how others that they may have had". They only had 2 :( .

So I added 2 more to the collection. :smug:

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Real Emp? Or Asian forest? I've seen real Emps upwards of $60.00 Asian forest is usually $15-$20 a lot of pet shops put them together in tanks

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
This is 1 of the 2. Look at the color of the Vesicle. It is a yellow coloration and what I believe to be a Pandinus imperator "Emperor Scorpion".

On my 2 "Asian Forest Scorpions" that I bought from a different shop have black Vesicles.

20170321_084214.jpg

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
What I believe to be my Heterometrus species "Asian Forest Scorpion"

20170321_084555.jpg

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
That's a pretty awesome find considering most pet stores carry "asian forests" and their "emperors" generally turn out to be Heterometrus sp.

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Looks like it's got some growing to do still too
Yep, both Pandinus imperator "Emperor Scorpion" are about the same size, got lots of growing to do. Very docile too! I haven't decided on whether to separate them yet or just leave them together like they were.

Unlike those 2 other Heterometrus species "Asian Forest Scorpion"... those are feisty like an OBT

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
From what I heard there back in the pet trade so they might start popping up everywhere again

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Dam lol collin is the only one I know on here who can give me a good feedback on these for sure . But seems mia. Haven't gotten any feedback from anyone else yet

soldierof4cheese

Arachnoknight
I got a dislike and I am not sure why? that scorpion in his hand looks to me like an Emperor to me.

AP34

Arachnosquire
It's definitely from the Pandinus genus. I'm not sure if it's P. imperator or dictator. It's kind of hard to tell when they're not fully grown. There have been a lot more dictator circulating around than imperator.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Glad you saved them from PetCo and their ignorant uninformed poor housing poor ethics. They would've probably died in their store as PetCo sucks.