Random Brood

Lewis Catlin

Arachnoknight
First time dealing with any babies on my own. My female H.Laoticus popped around 20 babies this morning and let’s say I don’t have a clue what to do.

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Leave her alone for now, when the babies molt and come off her back, you should probably separate them from the mother if you want to keep them alive. Try not to bother her too much right now since she might end up eating them if too stressed out

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
Just let her alone and she will do the rest. Don't disturb her and make sure she has a hide where she will feel safe.

Lewis Catlin

Arachnoknight
First ones coming off her back now. Separating them As I see them come off. At what point will the be ok to feed?

connieisdead

Arachnopeon
First ones coming off her back now. Separating them As I see them come off. At what point will the be ok to feed?
I offer my scorplings food almost as soon as they're off of mom's back. From what I've seen, once they get out of their jelly-bean-with-claws phase they're usually ready to take on the world. Congrats on the babies by the way!

ErikElvis

Newb
Hate to hijack but I recently purchased 2 emperors that I plan on keeping together. I’m guessing if I have a male and female I should expect a random brood at some point? I guess that’s ok even though they’re brood mates I assume.