Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.
  1. mantisfan101

mantisfan101 Arachnoangel Active Member

Advertisement
    My local fish store always has some of these in the feeder ghost shrimp tanks and I was thinking of getting some. What I know so far is to give them low water flow, plant/areas where they can hang from and stick their air tubes out of the water, and that they need live food which I can provide. What else am I missing? Can I keep the communally? How do I overwinter them? How do I breed them? I believe that the female lays eggs in vegetation at the water surface, but when the larvae hatch, how do I care for them?

2. You can keep them communally, I've done so before after seeing an aggregation of them on a single stick in the wild.

Their food doesn't have to be live, they will take freshly prekilled. They can eat terrestrial prey like crickets and mealworms as well as aquatic prey.

3. pannaking22

pannaking22 Arachnoemperor Active Member

Make sure there are plenty of things for them to hang from or take shelter in and that should decrease chances of cannibalism by quite a bit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.