Raleigh Expo

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I went to an exotic animal show in Raleigh today. I bought a 3/4" Versicolor and a 3" Brazilian Salmon Pink for myself and bought my boyfriend's first tarantula for his birthday! It's not exactly a "beginner" tarantula but it was the first time Shaun has actually gotten excited about a spider before so I hopped on the opportunity! As soon as he turned his back, I bought him a 4" Skeleton (E. murinus) for $30, which I thought was a great deal. It's a beautiful specimen and Shaun just loves it!

Originally, I had planned on buying him a Bearded Dragon at the show since he currently has no pets and we'd talked about getting one for him before. When we got to the show, however, they were totally overpriced (although most were healthy and gorgeous) and he didn't seem as excited. But when we were hanging out at the one booth with a good invertebrate selection, his eyes were drawn to this one spider (while mine were drawn to the robustum *drool*) and he kept talking about how it. He has definitely spent a lot of time with my collection and even housed them all for a month at his apartment. I guess the time had finally come for him to get his first tarantula. I'm actually quite jealous--that thing is BEAUTIFUL!

Anyways, just thought I'd tell the story because I've been hoping Shaun would warm up to the tarantulas for awhile... :) :) :)

kellygirl

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Aw, how saweeeet!!!

Hey, Kelly-

This sounds like a match made in T heaven. I need to find a woman like you :D ! Glad you found a nice T for your man.

Dario

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: Aw, how saweeeet!!!

Originally posted by D-Man
Hey, Kelly-

This sounds like a match made in T heaven. I need to find a woman like you :D ! Glad you found a nice T for your man.

Dario
Haha, thanks! The skeleton is doing quite well. We set the aquarium up today and it looks terrific. S/he is wandering around, checking the place out. What a gorgeous species!

kellygirl