Raising scorpions together

Mixed Dinner

Arachnopeon
I am in the midst of buying 2 Asian forest scorpions (Heterometrus spinifer) as I have heard this species can be kept together. The problem though is that they are both only 1". Can they stay in the same tank when they molt or do they have to be separated until adulthood? I have heard stories of cannibalism during molting.

Thanks,
Jeremy

RTTB

Arachnoprince
As long as they are both the same species they should be fine. Just keep them well fed.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Cannibalism is still a potential issue, but as long as you give them lots of food and plenty of hiding spots they should be alright. Otherwise you can keep them separate until they're older and then keep them communally.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I have had a trio of P. imperator for a few years now since 2i and they have gotten along alright. Granted I feed them well and they have plenty of hiding spots. Cannibalism is always a potential risk though, even with more communal species like Heterometrus or Centruroides.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've raised Heterometrus together their whole lives, although they were brood mates from the start. I've had no issues with cannibalism.