Rainwater?

Yulian

Arachnopeon
Ok so with my incoming tarantula soon arriving, I was just curious as to what water I'll use... I mean I know its not a big deal most people just use tap water(my geckos drink regular tap water and ive never had a problem)or whatever but as I collect rain water to water mycarnivorous plants I thought hey maybe I'll just use this cant get any more natural lol so does anyone else use rainwater? If not what do you use? Distilled, tap, tap left out for certain amount of time(this always just seems very inefficient to me)

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
I use bottled water on occasion, but usually just dechlorinated tap water. Rain water might contain toxins if you live near any Chem. plants, so be careful about that.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Tap water. And I let the water "sleep" for more than 24 hours before using that. Not because due to something (and here water quality is pretty good) but because I use that at room temperature.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
I used to use bottled water but my collection grew so large it was no longer feasible. Tap water it is

Christian Jocson

Arachnopeon
I use nothing but Acqua di Cristallo Tributo a Modigliani. I bought my female p.metallica from a celebrity here in California and that's all she drinks now

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
At 80¢ a gallon I use distilled water so I don't get mineral deposits on the enclosure. I also don't want the chlorine in their water dish.

Yulian

Arachnopeon
I use bottled water on occasion, but usually just dechlorinated tap water. Rain water might contain toxins if you live near any Chem. plants, so be careful about that.
There arent really any chem plants like that here in PR just alot of forest XD I keep hoping to see a wild A.laeta in my backyard (someday iguess) and Carnivorous plants are very sensitive to any minerals and chemicals in the water so I would have noticed by now. Will look out tho thanks! and i guess this subject is just mostly about preference, I havent really seen anyone confirm that tap water safe for people is unsafe for tarantulas yet. Thanks everyone!

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I use nothing but Acqua di Cristallo Tributo a Modigliani. I bought my female p.metallica from a celebrity here in California and that's all she drinks now
Well, let's hope that one day no one will discover that it's only a scam... happens when Modigliani name is involved, like in Livorno back then with that amazing, in a no Troll era, mockery :-s

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
i guess this subject is just mostly about preference, I havent really seen anyone confirm that tap water safe for people is unsafe for tarantulas yet.
True and true!
I use bottled water for drinking, but tap water to keep substrate moist. I've yet to see mineral build-up in their enclosures using tap water.
I collect rainwater in 2 large barrels to use on my rose bushes, no city water for them. ;)