Rainbow Dung Beetle Breeding/ Advanced Husbandry?

houston

Arachnopeon
Hey! So I just got 7 P. vindex off bugs in cyberspace, and was wondering if anyone had any tips or pointers on having them bred. Currently, I've got them in a 10 gallon half/three-quarters full of potting soil, some late stage decayed wood, and rabbit droppings.

I let them out into it and they immediately burrowed down, which is cool. The temperature is low seventies-- do I need to supplement heat to have them breed?

Thanks!

BeetleExperienc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
70s should be fine without supplemental heat. They do like the sun (indirect sunlight) so I used thick glass for a lid. Just keep them fed with some nice dung and they should do their thing. They do not need rotten wood or anything fancy, just sifted dirt from your yard - especially if it's a bit sandy. Rabbit droppings are fine for feeding adults, but they will not use it for brood balls, you will need cow dung or something similar.

OfficerKitty

Arachnopeon
Hey! So I just got 7 P. vindex off bugs in cyberspace, and was wondering if anyone had any tips or pointers on having them bred. Currently, I've got them in a 10 gallon half/three-quarters full of potting soil, some late stage decayed wood, and rabbit droppings.

I let them out into it and they immediately burrowed down, which is cool. The temperature is low seventies-- do I need to supplement heat to have them breed?

Thanks!
Did you successfully breed them, and do you have tips? Thanks!