Rabid wolf spider not eating

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
I have a female rabid wolf spider who refuses to eat. I've not fead her for 4 days and and that was her first food in captivity. I tried tout feed her a small cricket yesterday but she wouldn't take it, I tried another one... nothing. I thought she just wasn't hungry and continued on with my day. Today I tried again and she didn't take it, later I tried with a different bug at night and she didn't take. I'm worried about her plz help

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
How is she housed? It could be that she doesn't feel safe enough to eat - or she could be getting ready to molt or just not hungry. Like most spiders, they don't need to eat terribly often - I typically feed my wolf spiders once every week or two, with the exception of slings. Slings get fed every couple of days - and if they get hungry in between, they munch on each other. :eek:

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
How is she housed? It could be that she doesn't feel safe enough to eat - or she could be getting ready to molt or just not hungry. Like most spiders, they don't need to eat terribly often - I typically feed my wolf spiders once every week or two, with the exception of slings. Slings get fed every couple of days - and if they get hungry in between, they munch on each other. :eek:
It may be housing my parents force me to keep the spiders outside. This results in wet soil and cold temperatures. I've tried convincing them but they won't budge... the best I can do for her is put a cardboard box over its enclosure and pray

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Can you at least move them into a garage or shed or something? In the wild, they would go deep into a burrow where they would be warm(ish) and dry. It isn't good for them to be trapped where they are too wet/cold and have no option to seek a more suitable environment.

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
Can you at least move them into a garage or shed or something? In the wild, they would go deep into a burrow where they would be warm(ish) and dry. It isn't good for them to be trapped where they are too wet/cold and have no option to seek a more suitable environment.
I'm getting that sorted today do u think she'll live till then