Rabid wolf spider doing wierd stuff and not eating

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
She usually eats once or twice a week but she's not eaten in almost 2 weeks every time I put a cricket In with her she runs away from it. This all started happening when she built this structure out of 3 sticks (picture provided below) and is being very protective of her abdomen even jerking and twisting it around simple objects like pine needles in order to avoid her abdomen touching it. The closest thing to this I've ever seen is they dig burrows and Web them up before giving birth. Can someone please help I'm very attached to this spider and would be crushed if she died. Thanks in advance 20170315_155108.jpg

Last edited:

PASTRAMI PARROT

Arachnopeon
She has built totems and should probably consider changing to a religion that doesn't make you fast for over two weeks

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
I put the sticks in the corner for her to hide under. She moved 3 together and webed them together

loxoscelesfear

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That cricket looks like it could eat the spider. Your spider is probably about to molt and has stopped feeding temporarily.

Katamus

Arachnopeon
That cricket looks massive compared to your spider. If she isn't eating it, take it out and offer again in couple days. Does she have a hide in there? Perhaps give her a little home to hide in so if she is going to moult or lay a sac, she has somewhere she feels safe to do so. I captured a wolf spider (trying to sneak in my back door) and he looked in very poor condition and his abdomen was so tiny compared to the rest of him. So I gave him a feed of two crickets that he scoffed down and then 40mins later, checked back on him and he had moulted!