1. Important Announcement - Upcoming Downtime - Software Upgrade

Please see here for more details.
Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

R.I.P., little jumpers.

Discussion in 'Other Spiders & Arachnids' started by Fyreflye, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Fyreflye

Fyreflye Arachnoknight

Advertisement
    This evening while tending to the 8-legged pets, i found that both of my P. audax spiders have passed away. They were both WC adults, one i've had since last year. I know that their lifespan isn't long, but i was expecting them to last until fall.

I feel responsible somehow, like I did something wrong. Two weeks ago i moved their enclosures from the bookshelf in the hallway to a shelf in my computer room. I wonder if that small change affected them in some way, and now i worry that i shouldn't move my tarantula slings in here as planned (they're on the kitchen counter, waiting on me to finish re-organizing some rooms).

Their little bodies are sitting next to me...at first i felt numb with shock, but now looking at them sadness is creeping in and taking over. I don't want them to be gone.

Parker and M.J., rest in peace.

2. Amelia

Amelia Arachnoknight Old Timer

I feel for you. I came home from work one day to find my female dead as well as the fifty some little babies who had just emerged from the sac. Found out my dad was spraying for flies and they got caught in the crossfire.

Luckily, my female had just laid her third and final eggsac before she died, and the babies, though few, are doing well and are in a safe spot.

3. Sooner

Sooner Arachnoknight

Peter Parker and M.J.? Cute names for a spider couple :p

4. Condulences

Sorry for your losses. I get that numb feeling too whenever I see one of mine die. I don't care if they are spiders, you care for them with the best of what you knew about them. Because of your reaction, I know you gave them
    %100.

After loosing so many slings, I asked someone on YouTube how she managed to rear 3 generations of Hyllus diardi. We exchanged PM's back and forth and has been a huge help. For the the first time in a week, I haven't had one sling die today. :)

Don't let it get you down for too long. That's just one of the downsides I think with living things - they pass away and sometimes we are baffled with the why.

Hope to see you get back on the horse and continue to love and care for jumpers! :)

5. Macy

Macy Arachnopeon

i feel you. just recently i went to feed my jumper and noticed that she was dead when she didnt move. i went through the same emotions as you. i was devastated and i thought it was all my fault and kept thinking of what i did wrong and how it could have happened. i dont think moving them would have caused them to die so dont beat yourself up because of that. <3

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.