R.I.P. Flameleg :(

cecdog

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, I bought a pair of Trigoniulus macropygus in June of 2018. They turned out to be male and female, and last year she layed over 70 eggs. The past few days she had been curled up around the water dish, and this morning she was completely limp (dead). I know they have short lifespans but I'm still thinking I could've done something different, maybe I left the gecko food out too long this time. Can millipedes get sick from food that is too old?

Everyone else's reaction is "ew", so I figured I'd get on here for some support. I feel like the male will go soon too, and I'm setting up a second tank just in case there is something wrong in the current one so I can split the population.

Here's the only pic I have of her, I do have a video of her encasing an egg in frass that I might upload later..

Mil1.jpg

kjgalaxy

Arachnosquire
You didn't do anything wrong. Two or so years is about right. They have a short life span compared to a lot of giant millies

MontePython

Arachnosquire
I'm sorry to hear about her - it's really cool that she laid eggs and that you have a photo and such a cool video too, but I know it sucks losing her, even if you didn't do anything wrong. xx

SeaNettle

Arachnopeon
Hopefully, you get plenty of offspring. I would say there's probably nothing wrong with your tank as well.