Quirky Curly

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Last night, my female curlyhair decided to dig a burrow inside her hide. Well, as you can see in the picture (on the left), her hide is now underground! She dug away under it so much that it finally colapsed :eek: That cave is about 3-4" tall, if I remember right.

I also find it funny that she's not using her new burrow at all ;)

-Bryan

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Bryan,
I bought a curly sling 1/2" long, which burrowed in the day I got it home, and has been under ground to this day. It's molted twice and is aprox. 1 1/4 now. Arn't they burrowers?

MrT

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Originally posted by jwb121377
Nice pic bryan. What size tank do keep your curly in?
She's in a 5.5 gallon tank. My favorite tarantulas tend to get the nicer homes ;)

-Bryan

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Originally posted by MrT
Bryan,
I bought a curly sling 1/2" long, which burrowed in the day I got it home, and has been under ground to this day. It's molted twice and is aprox. 1 1/4 now. Arn't they burrowers?

MrT
Neither of mine have ever shown that trait. Both have used their hides and nothing else. That's why I found it odd.

-Bryan

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by MrT
Bryan,

MrT
Many slings will burrow, even sometimes alleged arboreal species, but as they get larger change over more and more to their "official" lifestyle. I've been raising two curly slings. One is only a bit over an inch and lives in its underground caverns it's made. The other is now over 2.5" and starting to spend more and more time in the open.