quik questio on obts

rhom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok i have 3 juv obts all unsexed. I just rehoused them tongiht in a 15 gallon tank. The tank is divided in 3 sepperate sections using properly cut pieces of plexiglass siliconed in securly. Each section has 8'' deep 50/50 peat/potting soil substrate.

My question- having them all in the same tank a bad idea? they are securly divided and is impossible to reach one another but can they sence each other at all? will this cuase stress?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Im not sure but based on my expierence it shouldn't bother them.

Ive kept tarantulas in a divided tank and had no problem. They weren't even the same species, not even the same genus!

Lets see if I can recall,

I had a Grammostola rosea on the left side, Phormictopus cancerides in the middle, and Pterinochilus murinus(obt) on the right. None seemed bothered.

PinkLady

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I myself wouldn't think it would be a problem. I have critter keepers stacked and beside eachother of different sp of T and that doesn't seem to bother them.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i think it will be ok as LONG AS THEY CAN NOT GET AT A OTHER ONE if you understand what i mean ? :? ( one of these day for me :? :confused: :confused: ) any thats what i think and GOOD LUCK with your ( t ) and tank -- :) :) phil

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ok to be close

My T enclosures are lined up on a long shelf, one next to another, and each T goes about its own routine, doesnt seem to bother them being right next to each other. I use a separate enclosure for each one.

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Some of my enclosures are side by side, true spiders, scorpions, tarantulas, I have them on a stand, shelves, dresser, and the smallest in a drawer.