Quick vid of my P.ornata eating a hornworm( she's so purple)

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Cause P metallica are bright blue, duh.
Ornata is amazing though. Can't wait for my girl to get bigger.

Leila

Arachnobaron
What is that accent of yours? :embarrassed: Sounds kinda southern, and then it sounds completely different.

Btw, beautiful T ya have there!

14pokies

Arachnoprince
What is that accent of yours? :embarrassed: Sounds kinda southern, and then it sounds completely different.

Btw, beautiful T ya have there!
Hahah.. Your absolutely correct.. I was raised in Boston Mass and then moved to Florida when I was 19. Most of the people I hung out with in FL sounded extremely southern so I ended up with a little bit of that accent also.. I don't notice it but when I talk to friends I grew up with in Mass or some of my family that is still there they tell me I sound like red kneck. Lol..

Thanks I'm glad you enjoyed her!

Leila

Arachnobaron
Hahah.. Your absolutely correct.. I was raised in Boston Mass and then moved to Florida when I was 19. Most of the people I hung out with in FL sounded extremely southern so I ended up with a little bit of that accent also.. I don't notice it but when I talk to friends I grew up with in Mass or some of my family that is still there they tell me I sound like red kneck. Lol..

Thanks I'm glad you enjoyed her!
:embarrassed::embarrassed: But ya don't sound like a redneck. I live in Tennessee. My southern accent is not heavy at all, but I know what rednecks sound like. Haha! Your accent just confused me because I could not place it. :cat: Nothing wrong with your accent at all, love

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
:embarrassed::embarrassed: But ya don't sound like a redneck. I live in Tennessee. My southern accent is not heavy at all, but I know what rednecks sound like. Haha! Your accent just confused me because I could not place it. :cat: Nothing wrong with your accent at all, love
what part of Tennessee are you from?

also @14pokies is lost it at "watch as i get closer i'm sure she'll try to kill me"

14pokies

Arachnoprince
what part of Tennessee are you from?

also @14pokies is lost it at "watch as i get closer i'm sure she'll try to kill me"
Well I do tend to have bad luck:meh:..Lol But this girl is calm by any standard for a tarantula and much more so if you judge her by her species reputation. Which isn't deserved IMO.. However I was pushing my luck and acting a little irresponsibly by having my hand three or so inches from her like that. I don't recommend people try it with such an agile toxic species.. She could of easily dropped the prey and jumped on me before I could react..

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
Well I do tend to have bad luck:meh:..Lol But this girl is calm by any standard for a tarantula and much more so if you judge her by her species reputation. Which isn't deserved IMO.. However I was pushing my luck and acting a little irresponsibly by having my hand three or so inches from her like that. I don't recommend people try it with such an agile toxic species.. She could of easily dropped the prey and jumped on me before I could react..
Have you ever actually received a bite?

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Have you ever actually received a bite?
Yea multiple bites from various sp. I used to handle everything.. Only one was non handling related and it was the second T I owned before I even owned it..

It was a P.murinus that a buddy had.. After he saw the pain I was in from the bite he didn't want it in his collection anymore and I was fascinated by the toxity of it so I took it home..
Back then mid 90's the widespread belief that tarantula venom hurt about as bad as a bee sting was still prevalent.. It was a rough time for sure..

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
Yea multiple bites from various sp. I used to handle everything.. Only one was non handling related and it was the second T I owned before I even owned it..

It was a P.murinus that a buddy had.. After he saw the pain I was in from the bite he didn't want it in his collection anymore and I was fascinated by the toxity of it so I took it home..
Back then mid 90's the widespread belief that tarantula venom hurt about as bad as a bee sting was still prevalent.. It was a rough time for sure..
Thats probably the best reason to get a T that I've ever heard.