Quick stupid T. violaceus question - do they do tube webs at top like Avics?

jenniferinny

Arachnoknight
I'm sorry, google is failing me. I'm drilling holes in a bunch of Amac's right now, I have some flat top Amac's and some of those ones with the big lid that people usually use inverted for Avic slings. Just want to make sure to get my air holes in the right spot, because inverted versus upright is pretty different locations.. lol

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
Tappies burrow more as slings, not sure exactly what you're asking but they act more like psalmopeus than avicularia

jenniferinny

Arachnoknight
Tappies burrow more as slings, not sure exactly what you're asking but they act more like psalmopeus than avicularia
Awesome, that's exactly what I was asking. I won't do an inverted Amac then for them. You know how Avics are, they like to camp out right at the top corner of their enclosure no matter how tall you make it which makes opening a lid really annoying cause you ruin their little hammocks they have everywhere. I know what psalmo's are like, they're often near the top, but, if they've got cork to attach to they often leave the top alone. Nice, I'll stick a piece of cork in the middle of the enclosure and he can web that and burrow around it.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
but, if they've got cork to attach to they often leave the top alone
This is generally true with all the Avics I've ever raised. I rarely have Avics exclusively at the top. Of course I see it plenty, but rarely experienced it. Webbing on the cover, sure, I don't let that bother me nor their hammocks, husbandry surpasses my concern for their hammock.

For Psalmo and Avics I always have a cork slab at a 45.

jenniferinny

Arachnoknight
This is generally true with all the Avics I've ever raised. I rarely have Avics exclusively at the top. Of course I see it plenty, but rarely experienced it. Webbing on the cover, sure, I don't let that bother me nor their hammocks, husbandry surpasses my concern for their hammock.

For Psalmo and Avics I always have a cork slab at a 45.
That's funny, mine have always built these really cool tunnels around the top pretty much ignoring the cork other than to use it as a step ladder. I still include the cork anyways because it's a convenient place to glue a water bowl. Though, my Avic enclosures before were front opening, so that may have been a factor.