Quick shipping question

redrumpslump

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So i have a couple orders to send today and ran out of the regular tape i use to tape up the boxes. Can i use duct tape to tape them up or will they not be allowed to ship?
Thanks.

Matt

Le Wasp

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've shipped things that way without a problem. The box looks more suspicious with duct tape on it, but as long as you can still read the shipping labels, it should still fly.

Newflvr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Shipping

Tape is tape. Not everybody has specific clear packing tape at home. As long as your tape doesn't have stupid stuff on it like Explosives inside or nuclear material inside you get the point.. Pack your T's well tape it up and ship.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have only ever used "duck" tape.

I have only had two packages with DOA. Not due to my packing, but due to the delay that USPS had, or because the mail-man/mail-woman decided to put the package right in direct sunlight, & the buyer was not home when the package got there.

And yes, it is called "duck" tape, not "duct" tape. There is even a "Duck Tape Club"... {D

http://www.duckbrand.com/Duck Tape Club.aspx

I didnt think there was a club for it. I just googled duck tape and found it. {D

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
I have only ever used "duck" tape.

I have only had two packages with DOA. Not due to my packing, but due to the delay that USPS had, or because the mail-man/mail-woman decided to put the package right in direct sunlight, & the buyer was not home when the package got there.

And yes, it is called "duck" tape, not "duct" tape. There is even a "Duck Tape Club"... {D

http://www.duckbrand.com/Duck Tape Club.aspx

I didnt think there was a club for it. I just googled duck tape and found it. {D

Its actually known as duct tape these days. It was originally given the name duck tape by soldiers(WW2?), but the duck became duct over the years & now that is the universally accepted name.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Its actually known as duct tape these days. It was originally given the name duck tape by soldiers(WW2?), but the duck became duct over the years & now that is the universally accepted name.
Eh, still looks like duck tape to me. :?

Slimdean

Arachnopeon
via Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duct_tape

Etymology

The origin of the name of the product, "duck tape" or "duct tape", is the subject of some disagreement.

One view[who?] is that it was called "duck tape" by WWII soldiers either because it resembled strips of cotton duck or because the waterproof quality of the tape contributed to the name, by analogy to the water-shedding quality of a duck's plumage. Under this view, soldiers returning home from the war found uses for duck tape around the house where ductwork needed sealing. Other proponents of this view point to older references to non-adhesive cotton duck tape used in Venetian blinds, suggesting that the name was carried over to the adhesive product. The Oxford English Dictionary says that perhaps "duct tape" was originally "duck tape". This view is summarized most notably in a New York Times article by etymologist William Safire in March 2003. Safire cites use of the term "cotton duck tape" in a 1945 advertisement for surplus government property.[17] The Oxford English Dictionary gives a 1902 quotation for "100,000 yards of cotton duck tape" being used to protect the cables of the Brooklyn Bridge.[18] Thus a fabric duck tape was available to which an adhesive could have been added.

In any case, whether it is an error or a preservation of the original usage, the term "duct tape" is used for the product today.[19] Duck Tape is also a brand name for this product in some countries.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
I prefer clear plastic tape or the the brown packing tape. In fact have you considered tamper resistant tape with embedded strands in it?

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sit-Down Comedy

Duck is the brand, thats why there is a TM next to it on the packaging.
Duct tape is Not CLEAR either members = Hillarious! :p Even my 6 yr. old son Knew that {D

But what is CLEAR, is that this Site has alotta Haters :mad: :rolleyes:

& that is a good suggestion, for shipping Arachnids Rob - nice to see a member w/ a Brain ;)

GL w/ all your Spider shipping AB folks :D

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
Duct tape is Not CLEAR either members = Hillarious! :p Even my 6 yr. old son Knew that {D

But what is CLEAR, is that this Site has alotta Haters :mad: :rolleyes:

& that is a good suggestion, for shipping Arachnids Rob - nice to see a member w/ a Brain ;)

GL w/ all your Spider shipping AB folks :D

These boards do have some haters, but I didn't see any in this thread :?
Just looks like a packing question turned duct tape conversation- whats so wrong with that?

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
These boards do have some haters, but I didn't see any in this thread :?
Just looks like a packing question turned duct tape conversation- whats so wrong with that?
Oh, he is talking about me. He thinks I am a "hater", because of a deal gone bad that he & I had. One where he scammed me, & I "called out his character in public". Yet, I am the hater... :rolleyes:

He is allowed to talk all the trash he wants on the forum, makes no mind to me... to each, is own.