quick question...

talljosh003

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
If I have an undertank heater and I want to set up a false bottom will the heat pad cause problems. I also heard that its better to place the pad on the side, if I peel it off the bottom will the adhesive still be good to re stick it to the side?

MEXICOYA415

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Iv'e noticed that the adhesive isn't too great once youv'e already stuck it to something. As far as placement goes it is better on the side rather than on the bottom. I actually would suggest a heat lamp instead as it creates more heat and is less unsightly.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
No if you don't use the pad. I prefer using a heat pad and putting it on the side but thats just because lamps bug me. But the thing is that if you leave it on the bottom the scorpion might try to escape the heat by burrowing lower into the substrate. I'm assuming you have an emp right? The only scorp that I have an undertank heater for is my H.paucides because they don't really burrow and the substrate is only a few centimeters.

talljosh003

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yeah I have 2 emps in a 29 gallon aquarium. Like the heat pad only cover about a third of the bottom so if I added the lamp and then put hides on both sides would they be ok, because I don't want the heat pad to go to waste and apparently I couldn't restick it to the side. Also would the glass on the bottom get damaged or anything with a false bottom and heater? Like with the water and then the heat pad...

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah. Here let me tell you one more time. NO HEAT PAD ON THE BOTTOM. The heat lamp will thrive them to dig into a hot burning death. Just don't use it, trust me.