quick question

Metallicaman999

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i dont do this, and this is my first time so i have a question. ok so when i feed my scorpion i put the cricket in front of it and he snatches it easily, but today i just dropped my cricket in the tank, is it ok for me to do this, or should i take the crick. out?

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It's ok to just drop it in. If the cricket does not get eaten in a few hours, take it out and try again in a few days. You don't want to leave crickets in when they aren't getting eaten because they can injure a molting scorpion.

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I drop my cirx in with no problem too. and to expound on "cheetah13mo's" comment, store bought crix have a short life span as adults, 1 week maybe, and dead crix in the tank will encourage carrion mites which aren't a mojor problem but still you don't want all these little white bugs in your tank.

Metallicaman999

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I drop my cirx in with no problem too. and to expound on "cheetah13mo's" comment, store bought crix have a short life span as adults, 1 week maybe, and dead crix in the tank will encourage carrion mites which aren't a mojor problem but still you don't want all these little white bugs in your tank.
ok, so if there are any mites that go into the tank or are on my scorpion, what do i have to do?

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I acually have a little bit of decorative moss in my tank. Well only in my emp tank. I just drop a few of them in there and if they don't get eaten they'll last for a few weeks of the moss. And the moisture in there lets them drink. I check the tank for dead crix every 2-3 days but I rarely get any.