quick question

ragnarok

Arachnopeon
Are female h.lividum (cobalt blue) more expensive than males?If so how much normaly are they?:?

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Are female h.lividum (cobalt blue) more expensive than males?If so how much normaly are they?:?
If you are asking this question then you probably don't need one.
But yes, usually all female tarantulas are more expensive than males.

Trixie25

Arachnopeon
Sooo...because you have questions about a T, means you shouldnt own one??? That doesnt make sense. Isn't the whole idea of this website for people to be able to ask questions and get opinions from other T owners and such? Yea, I THOUGHT SO! ;P

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Im not calling you stupid or anything but most if not ALL females cost more because people want to breed them, and they live longer, common T knowledge. I got my first T in December and i know this. Do a lot of reading on ALL DIFFERENT KINDS of Ts. Cobalt Blues are aggressive and if your a beginner you really shouldn't get one. Unless you cant live without one. Try a Avic Avic, B. Smithi, G Pulchripes All every beautiful Ts you can handle without problems.

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Im not calling you stupid or anything but most if not ALL females cost more because people want to breed them, and they live longer, common T knowledge. I got my first T in December and i know this. Do a lot of reading on ALL DIFFERENT KINDS of Ts. Cobalt Blues are aggressive and if your a beginner you really shouldn't get one. Unless you cant live without one. Try a Avic Avic, B. Smithi, G Pulchripes All every beautiful Ts you can handle without problems.
Defensive, not aggressive. But you pretty much got what I was trying to say.

Oh and I meant if you don't know that female tarantulas cost more than male tarantulas, you probably should not own a H. lividum since this question makes you seem rather new to the hobby and they are very defensive and require higher humidity than a starter species.

Last edited:

PitViper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If I'm not mistaken, as I only owned an H Lividium for a short time(rescued from pet store, but it didn't survive long), that they also spend most of their time in burrows so you wont get to see it much

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If I'm not mistaken, as I only owned an H Lividium for a short time(rescued from pet store, but it didn't survive long), that they also spend most of their time in burrows so you wont get to see it much
I haven't seen my H. hainanum since I got it so you would be correct there.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
uh, yeah H.lividum is the definition of a "Pet Hole"!

They are very defensive and hardy. The average price I have seen for an adult female is $60-$75. They're pretty common.

Elithial

Arachnopeon
I agree with above. You need to do your homework before you get a T and you ABSOLUTELY MUST do your homework before you get a T like H.Lividum. They can be really nasty biters. The one I saw in the store whirled on the keeper when his finger got remotely close to her to touch her and check her tempermant. Also they are 'pet holes' almost never out of the burrow.