Quick question

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I fed my H. lividum sling a cricket that was the same size as it, prekilled of course. Well it ate the whole thing and now it's abdomen is HUGE. I'm wondering if I keep it hydrated, can I hold off on feeding it for some weeks?

Mamisha-X

Arachnosquire
T's can go quite a while without food :) it is better to only feed a T once or twice a week but with a sling if you feed it large prey than once a week or once every other week should be fine. deffinatly keep your T hydrated tho :) hope that helps

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yep, depending on the sling's size, you might even be able to hold off until it molts unless it gets thinner soon.

I've done that a few times.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yep, depending on the sling's size, you might even be able to hold off until it molts unless it gets thinner soon.

Okay that's what I thought. I was just double checking. Thanks. And it has some serious junk in the trunk :D

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Chris, Don't exactly know what to tell you but the same thing happened to me in the past couple of days with a H gigas sling. Normally my slings will eat part of such a huge meal. The gigas ate it all. I keep mine fairly warm. Now, 2days later it appears to be slimming up again. The species appears to have a comparatively fast metabolism, anyway. :) Terry

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

Okay that's what I thought. I was just double checking. Thanks. And it has some serious junk in the trunk :D