quick question about price

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok my baby rose hairs are ready to go. what would be a fair price to ask for them. they are still first instar but are getting close to a molt I would immagine. I allready sold a few for a buck a piece... is that too high?

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
JJJ: I offered mine in trade to all of the Arachnodealers. Best trade won! I think there are TONS of the little buggers floating around right now though. Best of luck with them!:)

Frostbyte

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wish I lived closer .. the shipping costs bite ! Id take a few at that price :D

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Frosty: Where is anywhere but there located?

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
$1 a piece is good, i mean i have no problem with that. The only thing is the shipping! lol

James

BTW-Congrats on the slings!

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
John I'd consider a couple also, good luck getting rid of them.

Andy

Professor T

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by johnnyjohnjon
ok my baby rose hairs are ready to go. what would be a fair price to ask for them. they are still first instar but are getting close to a molt I would immagine. I allready sold a few for a buck a piece... is that too high?
The huge problem is at shows hundreds of WC rosie adults are priced at between $3-$5. Dealers pay about 25 cents for these adults. This makes it difficult to sell slings when adults are so cheap. If you can sell rosie slings period, you are doing good.

This is a shame because captive breeding any species is the future of the hobby. The rosie wild population is finite, even though at the moment it falsely appears infinite.

If rosies were rare with the same attributes (color, size, ease of care, ease of handling) your slings would be worth $35 each. If current harvesting trends continue, someday it might be economical to raise rosies.