Quick Lq question

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Alright today i woke up to witness yet another molt from one of my Lq. I took both of my specimens out and started to observer them and I decided to take out the previos exoskeletons i had saved. I believe I got them both at 3i so that would make one of them 6I and the other one 5I(looks like it's gonna pop soon too). I was comparing the molts and I noticed that Lq#2(i just named them #1and#2) was noticibly smaller than Lq1 and as by 4I it got noticibly bigger. I don't feed them at the same time but I do feed them about the same amount. Also Lq 2 has always seemed slimmer and a lot lighter in color a pale yellow or white. And Lq1 is a little rounder and Dark yellow or orange. Is this a sign of sexual differences? Or just coincidence? I believe that ther are related. If they are in fact opposite sex would I be able to breed them when they reach maturity?

jamesc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If they are siblings it will not hurt to breed them. Females are bigger and usually more robust looking. The one way to check is to count the pectines but being that this species is pretty dangerous it won't be easy. The easy way to remember is if you are getting a count in the 30's it is a male and a count in the 20's is female. You can look up the exact numbers but you can pretty much tell without counting. If the pectines are close together and long you have a male. here is a shot of one of my male's pectines.

You see how they meet in a V at the base? A female's won't meet like that. They will be shorter and further apart like this \ /

This is the easist way I have found to get a shot. Get them in a clear cup and take a macro shot from underneath.