queston about feeding crickets to t's

worm

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i know this sounds like a blunt subject or silly but got to ask i have gotten numourus crickets that happen to be female and want to lay eggs every where they go. I cant stop this but i noticed in an old cage that about 10-15 baby crickets are loose and running around...do they pose a threat to my t's due to them not being fed, will they eat or pick at the t's like an ant?

i know this sounds dumb but i got to be shure or maybe just stop feeding females

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
No don't worry the pinheads post no threat. They will die in the upcoming days especially if you let the tank dry out(if it isn't already). If you have a waterdish that is at substrate level the little pinheads will quickly hop in and drown themselves, then all you have to do is remove the dish and empty its contents!

worm

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok yeah sorry i did a search afterwards and saw that many people had the same issue. ill let the cage dry out for a while. its a singapore blue so its usally realy humid and sprayed quite abit but i will take your advise.

i have also heard that the black crickets that i see outside are "hardshell" crickets...correct me if im wrong at what size is safe to feed my t those. she's only about 2.5 now

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
ok yeah sorry i did a search afterwards and saw that many people had the same issue. ill let the cage dry out for a while. its a singapore blue so its usally realy humid and sprayed quite abit but i will take your advise.

i have also heard that the black crickets that i see outside are "hardshell" crickets...correct me if im wrong at what size is safe to feed my t those. she's only about 2.5 now
Don't catch any prey items from outside and feed them to any of your Ts because of pesticides and other nasties that can be brought in from the crickets. Just stick to CB prey items. Good luck.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've heard that if you bend the ovipostor (egg laying tube that looks like a big stinger) to like a 90 degree angle the crik won't be able to lay any eggs. I haven't tried this myself. I just try to feed the females to the really voracious t's that i know will eat it right away and throw the males in with the slackers.