Questions

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've got some questions.

1. What is a pterror?

2. Does anyone use live plants in their arborial vivariums? If so, what kind do well in such humid conditions? Vines? Lighting?

3. Does anyone know where I can get some live moss? I have seen something in the petstores (not in over a year though) called frog moss. It is supposed to be able to come back to life. Is this stuff good in T enclosures? Or does it provide a good harbor for pests?

4. Does anyone have a Brachypelma angustum? I have a 1/3" sling, that just seems ;P fiesty as all get out. He loooooves crickets! I also have a 1+" B. vagans, that seems to have a lot of tarantuality. Are all Bs this way?

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
1. What is a pterror?

That would be an Usumbura orange baboon tarantula. They are an old world species from the Usumbara mountains and they are mean. And they hiss. Atleast mine does a lot.

2. Does anyone use live plants in their arborial vivariums? If so, what kind do well in such humid conditions? Vines? Lighting?

I always find that live plants die eventually and making cleaning a big pain. I use plastic plants or dried up sticks for my arboreals.

To the other questions I am sure somebody else has an answer.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

3. Does anyone know where I can get some live moss? I have seen something in the petstores (not in over a year though) called frog moss. It is supposed to be able to come back to life. Is this stuff good in T enclosures? Or does it provide a good harbor for pests?

I would think twice about using live moss. The moisture requirements would be so great, that it may promote mold groth. Home Depot sells dried moss in your choice of green of straw colors, it may be a better choice.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
I've got some questions.

1. What is a pterror?
Hi Dragonfly. The term Pterror comes from the genus name Pterinochilus.

Atrax