Questions Regarding two pedes.

Eggy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just bought two pedes, one Scolopendra Subspinipes and one ID as a Otostigmus ssp "Tanzanian Neon blue leg".

The Scolopendra is about 1" long and is held in a roundt box about 4" in Diameter and with 2" of substrat.
The Neon blue leg is about 4" in lenght and is held i a large jar with about 5" of substrat.

Both is held around 28 Celcuis and pretty humid.
So my questions are:
1. Can anybody Confirm the species of the Neon blue leg.
2. The Neon blue leg has not been eating at all since i got it for a litle over 1 week ago, is this normal?
3. How is the settup i am using now, anything that should be changed.

Help with ID please??

I'm new to pedes but have 8 tarantulas.

Thx.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
the neon definitely looks like it could be otostigmus or some genus other than scolopendra

that common name is "{Tanzanian} Neon Blue Leg" is generally associated with Scolopendra mirabilis but that is definitely not what you have. another example of why common names are generally more confusing than helpful =P

Eggy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thx, how does the setup look ?? Anything i should change.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
as long as you PACKED the substrate down so that it will hold a burrow that is how i have a lot of my pedes set up

one thing i do for possible adults is now i include a Built-In-Burrow
http://venomlist.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13384

just make sure not to cover the burrow entereance with too much substrate or the stupid centipedes will keep forgetting about it and not use it. if they continue to hover on the surface you might need to recage them. more and more i think centipedes are the least intelligent of the "Big Three" invert pets (taras, scorps, and cents)

Eggy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Both of them are digging quite a lot, but i think i will try to make a burrow for them asap.

What shall i do about the larger one, it has not been eating at all since i got it, and its not showing any interest in maggots, pinheads or anything.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Both of them are digging quite a lot, but i think i will try to make a burrow for them asap.

What shall i do about the larger one, it has not been eating at all since i got it, and its not showing any interest in maggots, pinheads or anything.
i pretty much feed all my centipedes prekilled prey. centipedes tend to be kind of wimpy in my experience